IGNORED

Civ 6 Switch Revitalized expanded

Tanooki

Not sure how many of you may have ever picked this one up due to the ease of playing it on the Switch, but when it came out it did happen to come as a fair price with the added packages out.  Since that time, Rise and Fall along with Gathering Storm upgrades which are huge have been developed and they come out in like a couple of weeks.

While 2K/Firaxis has been a little negligent to a trolling point on their news about the game expansions hitting the other guys, it is in fact when you read beyond the headline into the actual articles coming to the Switch too (digital only.)  I think the pair cost $50 on any format possible (pc, etc) but they're kind of being sketchy about saying that oddly on their own site.

So if you were looking to get the game, or wanting more that was left out of it, your problems will be solved on the 22nd.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, Agamon said:

I've heard it controls fine on console. I've been a day 1 buyer of the Civ series since I first happened upon the first one back in the day.  I'm happy to play on PC, but it's cool that it's being made available to more people.

It fell out of favor with me after the 2nd one, skipped 3 and 4 after seeing the whining about things, yet I did play a bit of Civ5 what was it a decade ago now?  I still prefer the base setup and originality of the first ones design so much that early this year I sought out the bigbox I had back in the day called the Explorers Pack which have CIV+Colonization for both DOS and Win on a CD.  Sadly I have no way to get the Win release going but the DOS one is fine in DOSBOX.  Sucks balls you can't get that one re-released or two for that matter either.  CIV did have a nice SNES port other than the small view area over resolution that wisely uses the SNES mouse for smoother play.

I've been pondering again getting Civ6 when I noticed that update and I remembered some here enjoyed/had it so I shared.  I'm between doing this and grabbed Dragon Quest 11 I've waited so long for.  I need something fresh on my Switch to keep my interest as I can only pick away at some unfinished stuff only so much/often before I get tired again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It fell out of favor with me after the 2nd one, skipped 3 and 4 after seeing the whining about things, yet I did play a bit of Civ5 what was it a decade ago now?  I still prefer the base setup and originality of the first ones design so much that early this year I sought out the bigbox I had back in the day called the Explorers Pack which have CIV+Colonization for both DOS and Win on a CD.  Sadly I have no way to get the Win release going but the DOS one is fine in DOSBOX.  Sucks balls you can't get that one re-released or two for that matter either.  CIV did have a nice SNES port other than the small view area over resolution that wisely uses the SNES mouse for smoother play.

I've been pondering again getting Civ6 when I noticed that update and I remembered some here enjoyed/had it so I shared.  I'm between doing this and grabbed Dragon Quest 11 I've waited so long for.  I need something fresh on my Switch to keep my interest as I can only pick away at some unfinished stuff only so much/often before I get tired again.

I hear that.  I did sink about 8 hours i'm thinking total yesterday into it- the first thing that struck me is that the game felt more complex initially than Civ4/5.  

The controls are a little odd if you are used to a keyboard/mouse, but i'm slowly getting a feel for the way the game works and runs.  there's a lot to it!  the graphics are pretty snappy and i dig the sound effects and music.  i think that it's going to take several playthroughs for me before i figure out some of the intricacies of the game and have a 'good' campaign.

my recommendation (but take it with a huge grain of salt) is to skip the tutorial and feel your way through with a game on 'Settler' difficulty.  you'll learn way more i think, and depending on how you approach the Tutorial, there's a bug in the Tutorial game where you can't progress if you put a Farm on a certain tile *and* have your Scout make more moves than they can do in a turn.

The newest version of the Switch game is 1.0.5, but the bug isn't really fixed.  from what i read the solution is 'don't put the farm there and don't have your Scout move more moves than they can'.

I've never used tutorials, settler is where I start, and given I've never been hardcore or overly committed to re-running it time and time again as I go onto other games I usually stay at that level or 1-2 above it (chieftain or something I can't remember.)  I don't want cupcake, but I don't want something painfully annoying and dragged out either.  I find tutorials slow me down and you get stuck, as long as like even in the original little pop boxes or highlighted letters(buttons) show up in a word/next to a word so I'm not confused on what I can click next, I'm good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've never used tutorials, settler is where I start, and given I've never been hardcore or overly committed to re-running it time and time again as I go onto other games I usually stay at that level or 1-2 above it (chieftain or something I can't remember.)  I don't want cupcake, but I don't want something painfully annoying and dragged out either.  I find tutorials slow me down and you get stuck, as long as like even in the original little pop boxes or highlighted letters(buttons) show up in a word/next to a word so I'm not confused on what I can click next, I'm good.

something i figured out pretty quick is that you can use the '-' button on your controller to bring up the tooltips- this was pretty much a 'must have' for me.

• Like 1