pps

NYD 2020

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Add a 7 bytes routine (equivalent to Poke 580,1) to the demos and most will do a coldstart (reboot) when pressing Reset...

COLDSTA.XEX 7 B · 2 downloads

What does this do? My entry doesn't reboot aswell, it just gets broken and starts flickering when you hit RESET, so i'd like to fix this for future releases.

btw, is there any way to build a hardware reset button for an XE, so i don't have to use the power switch for a cold boot? I think the reset button is already connected to the RST pin, so a real hw reset should clear the memory aswell. did anyone build this already?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, milpool^tired said:

What does this do? My entry doesn't reboot aswell, it just gets broken and starts flickering when you hit RESET, so i'd like to fix this for future releases.

btw, is there any way to build a hardware reset button for an XE, so i don't have to use the power switch for a cold boot? I think the reset button is already connected to the RST pin, so a real hw reset should clear the memory aswell. did anyone build this already?

From 'Mapping the Atari':

580 244 COLDST

Coldstart flag. Zero is normal, if zero, then pressing RESET will not result in reboot. If POKEd with one (powerup in progress flag), the computer will reboot whenever the RESET key is pressed. Any non-zero number indicates the initial powerup routine is in progress.
  • Like 2

Okay,

here you are TRBB, all disk-images of NYD 2020 and almost all programs with reboot/coldstart routine added. Just press Reset now to reboot your computer!

The only exception is Mines.BAS since it is a Basic file; here one could add Poke 580,1 to the listing, if it weren't a 10-liner listing with "too long" lines (I therefore was unable to add the command into the listing). But you can simply press Reset or Break, then type POKE 580,1 as a direct command without line number and press Reset to reboot...

I tested all programs with the emulator and they still worked fine (and most, except the mentioned Basic file rebooted with Reset) - hopefully this is also the case with your real Atari. If not, let me know...

NYD_2020_with_Reboot.zip

• Like 3

Hi!

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Okay,

here you are TRBB, all disk-images of NYD 2020 and almost all programs with reboot/coldstart routine added. Just press Reset now to reboot your computer!

The only exception is Mines.BAS since it is a Basic file; here one could add Poke 580,1 to the listing, if it weren't a 10-liner listing with "too long" lines (I therefore was unable to add the command into the listing). But you can simply press Reset or Break, then type POKE 580,1 as a direct command without line number and press Reset to reboot...

Attached is a version of the MINES.BAS (as BAS file and also as listing source) that adds the POKE 580,1, still 10 lines.

Have Fun!

mines1.bas mines1.lst

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Okay,

If I am not wrong my contributions (NewTek Demo and Snowfall Atari) were already reset compliant.

Can you confirm so I know which files to keep?

Afair, Snowfall was already reset compliant, don't know about NewTek Demo, since I did not test it before adding the coldstart routine...

9 hours ago, Philsan said:

If I am not wrong my contributions (NewTek Demo and Snowfall Atari) were already reset compliant.

Can you confirm so I know which files to keep?

Hi Philsan, yes they both were ok thank you. I liked both demos too and left Snowfall wunning for ages to fill up the snow piles and listen to the great music :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Snowfall Atari

89576403_SnowfallAtariscreenshot.png.bf6717252872f8a67ac1be443b7a9bd6.png

Snowfall Atari (2019)(Philsan).xex

- compiled Turbo-Basic XL

- 160x96 pixels image edited and converted using Atari Graphics Studio program by Tebe

- RMT player by Raster, adapted for TBXL by Marok

- original Atari Basic snowfall code (80x48 pixels) by Fred Key (1986)

- Depeche Mode Little 15 tune by Jakub Husak (2010)

- packed by Homesoft

• Like 5

NewTek Demo

Newtek01.png.85d348797c84d3569618f3f660bd887c.png Newtek04.png.6e8a9f97628b374be5fe7c3ccc1acea3.png Newtek07.png.22fba57c76d521ec1a0b9254cc2f609e.png

Newtek10.png.3ce75f3862387381fb46892a29619941.png Newtek08.png.37dba64c0199ecb9ee065d3b93b9c018.png Newtek11.png.db3b108ee20fd9a043ed1499029e2430.png

NewTek Demo (2019)(Philsan)(pal).xex

I converted some images from the famous Amiga NewTek Demo Reel #1 (1987).

Images are ripped from Amiga, manually edited and converted with RastaConverter program by @ilmenit.
Slideshow code is by @pps.

Amiga demo soundrack is Art of Noise's Paranoimia. I added it to the video, it isn't included in the demo.

• Like 4

Wasn't here for it this year, can the complete collection for this years NYD and the further extra goodies posted in this thread be double checked and placed here for an all at once download.

TNX

_T D__