IGNORED

New to Atari Lynx

Haggy38

Hi guys,

I recently bough  an Atari Lynx II, pretty happy now despite I just got two games jejeje, looking for more but they are very expensive in comparison the GG, even trying the get the SD HQ and more accessories, what a wonderful machine and no love..... Next in the line a Bennvenn LCD, recap, etc.IMG_1729.thumb.JPG.4b80c64415deb876ba93feb03d4e4a96.JPG

Regards from Bogota-Colombia

Gustavo

Edited by Haggy38
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

Welcome to the club Gustavio. And of your two games one is a top notch one at least. I let you the pleasure of discover ing which one :D

I really do like Chips Challenge, would like to get Blue Lightning, Xenophobe, Shadow of the Beast, Rampart, Paperboy...... I wish!!

In Bogota theres a few or non consoles or games unfortunately so eBay i guess....

Gustavo

4 hours ago, LordKraken said:

Welcome to the club Gustavio. And of your two games one is a top notch one at least. I let you the pleasure of discover ing which one :D

Yes, nothing can beat Kung Food when you need to relax after an hard day of work! ?

More seriously though, I was very sad that the gameplay wasn't better on Kung Food, as I liked the concept and the graphics. But yes, sadly it's not that fun to beat those vegetables up!

Gustavo, all your games choices are very good and I also recommend you to look a BattleWheels, Gates of Zendocon and California Games. Shangai is great too if you're into puzzle games. And of course you should try Zaku and all the recent homebrew releases if you can ;)

Edited by drludos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drludos said:

Yes, nothing can beat Kung Food when you need to relax after an hard day of work! ?

More seriously though, I was very sad that the gameplay wasn't better on Kung Food, as I liked the concept and the graphics. But yes, sadly it's not that fun to beat those vegetables up!

Gustavo, all your games choices are very good and I also recommend you to look a BattleWheels, Gates of Zendocon and California Games. Shangai is great too if you're into puzzle games. And of course you should try Zaku and all the recent homebrew releases if you can ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, will try to get as many as I can, really love this little machine from Atari.

Gustavo

• Like 1

Hi, I've had a Lynx II since the 90's but just this week I fitted a BennVenn LCD and it's definitely a huge improvement. I can't believe how much better the games look now compared to the original screen. I'm actually waiting for the Lynx I version so I can order that one too.

CxtzqX1.jpg

You should definitely do the recap and LCD mod to keep your Lynx running sweet for years to come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey Everyone, I've finally joined the Lynx club with a Model 2. I'm looking forward to learning all about the homebrew on this awesome handheld. I also really like the Batman Returns game for the Lynx, challenging, but fun!.

Edited by Benb326
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, subcon959 said:

Hi, I've had a Lynx II since the 90's but just this week I fitted a BennVenn LCD and it's definitely a huge improvement. I can't believe how much better the games look now compared to the original screen. I'm actually waiting for the Lynx I version so I can order that one too.

CxtzqX1.jpg

You should definitely do the recap and LCD mod to keep your Lynx running sweet for years to come.

Wow that screen looks amazing man!! I'm still undecided between Chinese or Japanese LCD from bennvenn, which one did you installed??

Gustavo

19 hours ago, Haggy38 said:

Wow that screen looks amazing man!! I'm still undecided between Chinese or Japanese LCD from bennvenn, which one did you installed??

Gustavo

It's the Japanese one as that's the only one they had in stock when I ordered, but I would've happily got the Chinese one too as I believe they're pretty much the same.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, Haggy38 said:

Hi guys,

I recently bough  an Atari Lynx II, pretty happy now despite I just got two games jejeje, looking for more but they are very expensive in comparison the GG, even trying the get the SD HQ and more accessories, what a wonderful machine and no love..... Next in the line a Bennvenn LCD, recap, etc.IMG_1729.thumb.JPG.4b80c64415deb876ba93feb03d4e4a96.JPG

Regards from Bogota-Colombia

Gustavo

Bienvenidos to the Lynx Community, Gustavo!

You have a Lynx II. Good. And you have two Lynx cartridges. That's good, too; Kung Food is fun for what it is, but I'm sure you've already discovered that Chip's Challenge is one of the best carts for the system. So, having said all that, you are officially a Lynxter.

I know that you will have many hours of fun with your Lynx as you build your collection. But never underestimate the power of the Lynx Community, both here on Atari Age and at AtariGamer.com; if you need game suggestions, technical help, or anything else, the Lynx Community is the best!

Edited by LynxHandyCaster

4 hours ago, LynxHandyCaster said:

Bienvenidos to the Lynx Community, Gustavo!

You have a Lynx II. Good. And you have two Lynx cartridges. That's good, too; Kung Food is fun for what it is, but I'm sure you've already discovered that Chip's Challenge is one of the best carts for the system. So, having said all that, you are officially a Lynxter.

I know that you will have many hours of fun with your Lynx as you build your collection. But never underestimate the power of the Lynx Community, both here on Atari Age and at AtariGamer.com; if you need game suggestions, technical help, or anything else, the Lynx Community is the best!

I really appreciate that Mark, I take my Atari Lynx  everywhere, even the bathroom jajaja

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LordKraken said:

Hmm but maybe you neee a flag "full game or just deno/incomplete" for the comparison to be fair ;)

I have a "Demo" category I could use for that I guess. There is also "Demoscene" so people aren't confused. Maybe I should set all party games as "Demo" until final release is available?

10 hours ago, Nop90 said:

Another year and full game homebrews will be more than official games. All by me ?

Hahaha, yes indeed!