IGNORED

Dumb me - UnoCart

Andrew Davie

I'm such a dork.

A week or two back I flashed (via SD) the UnoCart so kindly sent to me by @SS

That went fine, and I promptly turned off everything and only today came back to using the cart. So, I turn on my machine/TV. Blank screen. Mmmh. Maybe try turning off/on again. Nope... OK, UnoCart doesn't work at all. Other carts do. And then it hit me. Uh oh... I left the reflash binary on the SD card. Surely it wasn't in the middle of a re-flash when I turned the power off... seems like it. Bugger.
I guess it would be nice for the UnoCart to either rename/delete or somehow flag that the flashing has already been done, or give a user prompt to start the flashing. Because this fail-mode is something I'm sure is going to happen again!
I guess I have to find a ST/link somewhere. I have a vague memory that I have one... somewhere.

Still, feel pretty dumb.

Flashing doesn't happen unless you run the upgrade .bin from the menu. The name of the binary is irrelevant, and it is safe to keep it on the SD. This sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade and flash was corrupted. What binary did you flash? Did the update end with the flashing "update complete" screen? Did the card initially work after the flash?

In any case, I guess a ST/Link will be necessary to recover the card.

17 hours ago, DirtyHairy said:

Flashing doesn't happen unless you run the upgrade .bin from the menu. The name of the binary is irrelevant, and it is safe to keep it on the SD. This sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade and flash was corrupted. What binary did you flash? Did the update end with the flashing "update complete" screen? Did the card initially work after the flash?

In any case, I guess a ST/Link will be necessary to recover the card.

Good point.

Yes it flashed perfectly. I ran the updated version and it showed the correct version number on the bottom.

I can't recall exactly - version 10?  I can't check, we have been evacuated due to an emergency bushfire and no idea when we can get back.

Hoping our house is still there. Fingers crossed.

Well, I took the UnoCart out of the shell to check it physically, and it works perfectly now. I guess there was some issue with the shell preventing it from seating properly. There's a small black 'tag' that has fallen off - not sure where it belonged, don't really care to check. It works bare, I'm happy to use it bare.

On another note, we are back at home - the house survived. The fire stopped about 100 m from our yard, so we were very lucky. There were about 11 houses lost, and 12,000+ hectares burned. You yanks will need to get with the times, boys, and figure that out in acres if you don't know how big that is!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, high voltage said:

Wow, looks like California this year too....It's all human fault. Hope not too many animals died.

Glad your house is still intact. 

Alot of the time is human fault here aswell, some are started by arson, cigarettes or those who ignore fire ban restrictions.

• 1 year later...