IGNORED

At long last - a source for pre-built Analog Thumbstick Controllers

DrVenkman

On 11/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, DrVenkman said:

We will look into that. We are to some extent constrained by the location of the existing pads - they are sized for several locations for each of a couple different button designs. However, the printed fire buttons are substantially larger than the switch mech buttons. We might be able to move the printed second button somewhat closer to the first without altering the PCB layout and assembly. 

In any case, thanks for the feedback and we hope you enjoy using it!

Out of curiosity, if I were to want to change the firmware to half the sensitivity on the the thumbstick, just for comparison, would SMBaker be the one to talk to? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Swami said:

Out of curiosity, if I were to want to change the firmware to half the sensitivity on the the thumbstick, just for comparison, would SMBaker be the one to talk to? Thanks.

His code is in his original thread, which is linked in my first post. That thread is probably a better place to discuss any details, but I'm not sure that would work. The stick is essentially "10K full scale" instead of the original stick's 500K. So the if you half the sensitivity, by the time you deflect the stick the full range, you'll only have moved it through half the range of values. But that's probably worth discussing with Scott and/or in that thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love my controller and it has made some 5200 games better than playing with my masterplay clone or the stock controller. 

Would it be difficult to make one that works with the ColecoVision or the CollectorVision Phoenix? I'm guessing the analog thumb stick would need to be changed? Having something like this that works with the DB9 connector and has a keypad would be very nice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 6:36 AM, ave1 said:

Here's my 20 minute long extended review of the Maker Matrix 5200 controller: 

Great review!

Thanks for spending the time to really test this gamepad out, and for being thorough with your results! There are 5200 games that just don’t play well with a thumb stick (or fixed resistance), but there are many games that are massively improved!

I would love to see other contributions for the plastics so that there would be a choice in pad style. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let people here know that after three productive months of toiling over our irons and 3D printers, @DrVenkman and I are taking a needed break from building these controllers.  The completed ones are now marked out of stock on the website.  Current pending orders will get filled this week.  Thanks to everybody for your incredible support of this project.  What a great community.  Proud to play a small part in it.

If you wanted one but didn't get it yet, don't despair.  We expect there will be opportunities in the future, and you can always get the boards from Scott, the cases/buttons from me, and DIY it.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MakerMatrix said:

Just wanted to let people here know that after three productive months of toiling over our irons and 3D printers, @DrVenkman and I are taking a needed break from building these controllers.  The completed ones are now marked out of stock on the website.  Current pending orders will get filled this week.  Thanks to everybody for your incredible support of this project.  What a great community.  Proud to play a small part in it.

If you wanted one but didn't get it yet, don't despair.  We expect there will be opportunities in the future, and you can always get the boards from Scott, the cases/buttons from me, and DIY it.  Stay tuned.

Thank you both ( @DrVenkman ) for providing the community with this product.  You deserve a break.?

• Like 2