IGNORED

easy 2600 games for small kids

Al_Nafuur

I thought Coconuts would be a good one, but after 5 minutes my daughter said it's boring.

Maze Craze she likes much more, i have the german PAL cartridge "Labyrinth", but it's not working anymore (So maze craze was a good hint).

Today she saw me watching a youtube video about Halo 2600 and it turned out she likes playing it. The bullets and the enemies are rather slow and there are enough rooms without enemies. She quickly figured out where to find the pistol, the shields and also the key.

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1

Games that are easy:

Air Sea Battle - it's basically pushing one button in some variations

Bowling - button and one direction change

Kaboom - no buttons even!!!

Indy 500

Surround

Pole Position

Basketball

Games that are not easy but my son (4) loves:

Bump n Jump

H.E.R.O

Princess Rescue

Zippy the Porcupine

Stampede

I agree that Maze Craze is a great game for kids, even if only one person is playing, if you are playing the variation just trying to get through the maze.

Circus Atari is funny and little kids laugh when they play it.

Frogger is pretty simple in concept to understand. The alternate Activision Freeway is fine too.

Memory Match might be good, too.

Stampede is probably a good choice as well.

Edited by keithbk

On 11/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, Europatari said:

okay? i didn't knew, that pong sports is suitable for small children?

You seriously don't think that PONG is a good game for kids? Strange. It's about as simple as it gets. Even more so on 2 player with another kid of the same age.

7 hours ago, root42 said:

Which are those easy variants? I also want to introduce my 4 year olds to some Atari goodness. :)

Original games or homebrew... either are good.

Select Game 33 for one player and Game 66 for alternating two players. The manual says these variants have slow asteroids, hyperspace, and earn an extra ship at 5,000 points. I don't think there is a functional difference between these and games 1 (one player) and 34 (two players).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, root42 said:

Which are those easy variants? I also want to introduce my 4 year olds to some Atari goodness. :)

Original games or homebrew... either are good.

5 hours ago, JasperAK said:

Select Game 33 for one player and Game 66 for alternating two players. The manual says these variants have slow asteroids, hyperspace, and earn an extra ship at 5,000 points. I don't think there is a functional difference between these and games 1 (one player) and 34 (two players).

sorry it took me so long to reply from earlier- was being a space cadet, but i blame too much turkey.  :)  like @JasperAK was saying, the 33 and 66 variants are what i'd consider easy.  my kiddos honestly liked the one that comes up when you turn on the game.

• Like 1