IGNORED

Incognito board - damage or OK to install?

Xebec

Hey folks - received my Incognito board a week or two ago, and finally getting ready to install..  (Been looking forward to this for years! Thanks community!)

I noticed this on the black strip part of the board - it looks like a little bubbling where a few traces are..   Is this anything to worry about?  am I good to go ahead and begin the soldering/connection to the 800 mainboard?

Also bonus question - I see a lot of chatter about the 'overdriven Luma', but the Luma/Chroma output looks great on my Amdek monitor;  should I bother replacing R189 with the ~200-220 Ohm?

Thanks all!

IMG_20191109_185206065.jpg

1 hour ago, Xebec said:

Hey folks - received my Incognito board a week or two ago, and finally getting ready to install..  (Been looking forward to this for years! Thanks community!)

I noticed this on the black strip part of the board - it looks like a little bubbling where a few traces are..   Is this anything to worry about?  am I good to go ahead and begin the soldering/connection to the 800 mainboard?

Also bonus question - I see a lot of chatter about the 'overdriven Luma', but the Luma/Chroma output looks great on my Amdek monitor;  should I bother replacing R189 with the ~200-220 Ohm?

Thanks all!

IMG_20191109_185206065.jpg

If you can see full tonal range displayed (e.g. 16 luminance bars, from 0 to F values), AND you can also clearly see all colors different and distinguishable on brightness level F (e.g. brightest column on the right of the test, ALL colors from top-to-bottom on that column), then you are all set, you don't need to do anything.

Here's the test:

If you can't, you will need to correct R189 to ~200/220 Ohm on NTSC.

Edited by Faicuai