IGNORED

#AtariWiFi - an Atari Network Adapter

tschak909

5 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Not required, just there as a current limiter. Are you still having problems? I thought you got it working

Works when DEBUG is enabled but slowly compared to the tschak909's videos. 

Not at all when not enabled.  No sectors transferred.  Just *Atari raspberry* and then Self Test.

-SteveS

12 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

#AtariWiFi is now known as #FujiNet!

And with that, a new test, #10, which shows reading and writing to a disk image over the network, with a surprise at the end. :)

Looking good!

Quick trick, at the MyDos menu, M, E477 to restart. :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a8isa1 said:

Works when DEBUG is enabled but slowly compared to the tschak909's videos. 

Not at all when not enabled.  No sectors transferred.  Just *Atari raspberry* and then Self Test.

-SteveS

Got it working (with caveats).

Changed DELAY_T5 to 1600

Works great with most ATRs (only 6 or 7 so far).

Caveats:

- Hates Ken Siders' 'k' disks.  Three tried so far.   3 sectors, pause, 3 sectors then nothing.

- for some other disks there's a long pause, 3 sectors transfer, longer pause, then the remaining sectors all transfer smoothly.

- Other times 3 sectors transfer immediately, then long pause, 3 more sectors, then very long pause (maybe 15 seconds), then remaining sectors go quickly.

-SteveS

I will get to the modem, eventually, and then the network functions. Still many test programs to write (maybe a few hundred) :P :)

There are so many questions to answer, and there still seem to be marginal timing problems that crop up, that need answering. @mozzwald and @jeffpiep have been instrumental in helping me ferret out these weird little gremlins, thanks guys so much.

@Farb has also been pulled into the conversation, albeit passively. Hopefully I can get ATX reading and writing going down the line, as I understand what needs to be implemented (proper drive controller status, implementation of track positioning, etc.).

I hope you all have the patience needed, as to make this something that can be end-user friendly will take so many of these odd little questions answered.

The good news is, I have a very solid grasp of how this thing needs to act, and what constitutes DONE. It will get done, it's just going to take a lot of time and patience. :) These early wins are fast. but important.

-Thom

1 hour ago, a8isa1 said:

Got it working (with caveats).

Changed DELAY_T5 to 1600

Works great with most ATRs (only 6 or 7 so far).

Caveats:

- Hates Ken Siders' 'k' disks.  Three tried so far.   3 sectors, pause, 3 sectors then nothing.

- for some other disks there's a long pause, 3 sectors transfer, longer pause, then the remaining sectors all transfer smoothly.

- Other times 3 sectors transfer immediately, then long pause, 3 more sectors, then very long pause (maybe 15 seconds), then remaining sectors go quickly.

-SteveS

looks like I still have timing issues.  Tail of Beta Lyrae took about 10 minutes to load.  :(

-SteveS

Thanks to @jeffpiep for figuring out a way to let the nodemcu boot while powered from SIO AND allowing other devices on the chain to work along side it (without a diode) using 2 NPN transistors and 2 resistors. It’s now buffered with an RTL inverter and Open collector inverter to make a buffer. CLOCKIN has been added to GPIO14 in hopes that we can get MIDI over WiFi working at some point (multiplayer MIDI MAZE over the internet anyone? :-D). CLOCKOUT was added by request. In my schematic there is a solder jumper (SJ1) that can connect CLOCKOUT to GPIO2. GPIO2 is used for debug serial output so the jumper is optional if you want to use CLOCKOUT and not have serial debug. Below is the updated schematic:

sio-modem-nodemcu_01.thumb.jpg.6d9616111fbe317911680dc7bca2dd98.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Thanks to @jeffpiep for figuring out a way to let the nodemcu boot while powered from SIO AND allowing other devices on the chain to work along side it (without a diode) using 2 NPN transistors and 2 resistors. It’s now buffered with an RTL inverter and Open collector inverter to make a buffer. CLOCKIN has been added to GPIO14 in hopes that we can get MIDI over WiFi working at some point (multiplayer MIDI MAZE over the internet anyone? :-D). CLOCKOUT was added by request. In my schematic there is a solder jumper (SJ1) that can connect CLOCKOUT to GPIO2. GPIO2 is used for debug serial output so the jumper is optional if you want to use CLOCKOUT and not have serial debug. Below is the updated schematic:

sio-modem-nodemcu_01.thumb.jpg.6d9616111fbe317911680dc7bca2dd98.jpg

Wonderful!  ?

On your last remaining diode in this schematic, do you have a TH part #?  The only DSS12UTR I can find is a SMT SOD-123F format. 

4 hours ago, Dropcheck said:

Wonderful!  ?

On your last remaining diode in this schematic, do you have a TH part #?  The only DSS12UTR I can find is a SMT SOD-123F format. 

Off the top of my head I dunno. I picked that one based on price and specs. You should be able to find something similar using a parametric search for thru hole. The important specs would be low forward voltage (schottky), capable of 1A or greater, 10V or greater.

Same with the NPN's, probably any would work. @jeffpiep used 2N2222 and I only had 2N3904 (lower current limit) available in my parts bin. The signal lines aren't pushing much current. My smd board will use a different NPN.

Edited by mozzwald
add NPN info

tnfswrite works slightly better for loading disks.   Sectors still load in spurts.   k-disks (Ken Siders) don't work at all.

I discovered MaPa's Millionaire game loads smooth as glass.  No pauses after the transfers start.  I think it's disabling Antic's DMA as the screen goes blank during loading.  Perhaps this is a telling clue to my problems.

I created a MyDOS 4.53/4 image.  I was not able to save DOS files or other files.  Error 163.

-SteveS

This device is great. One question: How about implementing UltraSpeed? This would be amazing with the Hias driver.

And, IF the driver can be tweaked to allow R: and N: to also go fast, then even more amazing things will be possible.

:)

Edited by Kyle22
clarity
  • Like 1

Anything is possible, I am trying to write a slew of test programs to work out all of the functionality, there will be hundreds of them. It will take time, but it will get done.

The microcontroller is more than fast enough, the issue is of course, dealing with SIO's tight timing requirements against a microcontroller running a multitasking kernel (Arduino), it's possible IF we can get those with expertise to weigh in and help.

-Thom

• Like 1

I am hoping it will. RespeQt runs at high speed just fine on my Windows machine while I have a browser and M$ Office open. The Ardy may be able to keep up.

US protocol can negotiate the max speed, so if some are faster than others, all they would need to do is reply with an appropriate divisor when queried by Atari.

In this test, The #FujiNet adaptor is asked to scan for WiFi networks and report their strength. This is sent back as an SIO response. The test program is written in BASIC. Most of the pause time is spent copying the character set into RAM so that we can create a strength meter. :)

The test code is in github under tests/wifiscan :)

• Like 7

I'm working on getting MIDI Maze to talk with the FujiNet so that we can play over the network. So far I have been able to trick MIDI Maze into thinking it's the master by sending it's MIDI data back to it. Does anyone know what commands and data are passed over MIDI for the game to work? Does it use standard midi commands like noteon and data is the position in the map or something different? Anyone have a dump of data passed during a game?

IMG_20191119_084931163_1.thumb.jpg.9f3367deac78f8ed4595f3eecc0a77b5.jpg

• Like 3