IGNORED

ST Reset Switches wanted in USA

KLund1

I have a couple ST's that have bad reset switches. They need replacement(broken internal parts, and/or extensive corrosion). They seem to be somewhat 'standard' in function.

I am on Best's bad list currently, and the items from Europe are costly to here on west coast. Are there any 'generic' switches that would fit and ST motherboard?

'standard' function means simple button or taster in other word - when pressed it connects short 2 pins. Released - disconnected. And there may be 4 pins, where 2-2  of them is connected always. Mostly for mechanical stability, soldering purpose.

Any simple taster/button will serve. Of course, finding such, what fits there is the problem. Did not see such in shops.

I just ordered an extra, and a power switch, just in case I need them later, from Exxos. They were fairly cheap. Then again, I lumped them in with a dual TOS card and a couple of other things I was purchasing, so the shipping got spread around. I guess it would be a little more expensive just to order a reset switch by itself.

If you absolutely don't need or want anything else from Exxos' store, one switch by itself would run you £16, or $20 and change, about $14 of which would be shipping. It will be an exact swap though.

Of course, even if you hadn't gotten on Bradley's bad list, you still would've had to cushion your order, because he has a $20 minimum.

Edited by bfollowell
error

Bruce is a really cool guy.  He will help you out with either a new one or a used one.  He offered a new or a used case when I needed to replace my broken STM case.  I live a few miles from him and he brought it to me as he was in The Orangevale Area anyway, where I live.