IGNORED

C64 Frostbite has been released

STE'86

Frostbite is my favorite game of all time, so it's fun to see new versions of it all these years later. 

For Frostbite to be Frostbite, you should be able to hold your joystick up or down and have your character automatically keep hopping in that direction (assuming there is somewhere to go.)  This becomes a defining characteristic of the game's feel, especially once things start getting really fast, so hopefully this C64 version gets this aspect right. 

I didn't care for the Colecovision version at all, because they duffed up the controls.  For some reason known only to the programmers, they made it so you have to do discrete taps of the joystick for each jump, kind of like Frogger.  This completely ruins the game, IMO. 

• Like 1

This is a great version of Frostbite!  And I don’t say that lightly.  The fluidity of the controls is very nicely replicated and the pace feels spot on.   Makes me wish I had a real C64.  

Second game - 128,100

Not up to snuff with my 2600 scores but I need to get used to the nuances of this version.  :)

E1FA9ADD-4DB7-42D8-A9CD-862DC4564B10.jpeg

On 11/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, H.E.R.O. said:

So it's been Keystone Kapers then Chopper Command now Frostbite and soon Pressure Cooker. My beloved C64 is getting all the cool Activision games we didn't get 30 plus years ago.

Chopper Command was actually first, but yeah... had a little hand in the suggestions ;)