IGNORED

Atari2600.com out of commission?

Does anyone have any info on what's up with Atari2600.com?  I know it was a one-person operation, and the-video-game-gallery on eBay seems to still be up and running, but payment processing on the website has been down for at least a week now.  Probably longer, as that's just how long I've been trying--I haven't ordered anything from there in the last year or so.  I've sent two emails through the "contact us" page and haven't received a response.

Nothing but fond memories of using Atari2600.com in the late 00's and earlier this decade......

Reasonable prices, filling up a virtual shopping cart of 10-20 cartridges in one swoop and of course the bargains to be had looking at their "Nekid Ladies & Wounded Warriors" discount section for all the classic systems.  I also appreciated the brief (but honest) game reviews that were listed.

All good things do come to an end though.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:26 AM, adoblivione said:

It's unfortunate, because there are a few things still listed for sale that aren't on the eBay store that I'd love to pick up.

And most likely they're long gone.  That site hasn't been updated regularly for quite a while.

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah, it is strange that he leaves that site online without maintaining it at all.

He was always a bit flaky, even ten years ago when the site was fully operational and business was booming, so nothing surprises me.  It's too bad because it was pretty much a go-to place to get stuff once upon a time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the-video-game-gallery

... Is his eBay name.

nice guy, but yeah, baffled that he doesn't make it very clear atari2600.com is disabled .. more specifically the cart and checkout system was intentionally non-functional for years. Don't expect a reply to emails.

The site was great when it was maintained ... Got some very nice items from that time.

His eBay site works. No complaints except I got the wrong game manual once, but I was able to return it with minimal hassle. Communication could be better tho.

• Like 2