IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 11 - Game 13 - Centipede

I want to give you guys a heads up!

Amazon dropped this to $99. and I couldn't resist now that I understand how to play and like Centipede.

I could only find it on ebay before for around $150. because it was sold out on the website. So I waited for a lower price.

The unit is awesome!?

20191120_174409.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Great score M-crew!?

Is 50k in reach?

Not quite sure, it has taken me countless of hours to reach my last high score.. But that's my next goal... Oh thanks for the heads up on that game but Ill pass.. Dont think I will ever play this game again unless its here in the HSC... lmao !!!

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2019 at 8:27 AM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

The spider is insane after 50ks.... ?️

60,982.jpg

nice score , question could you achieve that score on real hardward ?  Ive tried several strategies and nothing seems to be working to break that 50k barrier.. One of the worst games for me that I have played on the intellivision. With the hours and hours That i have put in. I should be breaking that barrier with ease.  This is the first game you posted on emulation. So just wondering if there is a difference in controls or something ?. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, m-crew said:

nice score , question could you achieve that score on real hardward ?  Ive tried several strategies and nothing seems to be working to break that 50k barrier.. One of the worst games for me that I have played on the intellivision. With the hours and hours That i have put in. I should be breaking that barrier with ease.  This is the first game you posted on emulation. So just wondering if there is a difference in controls or something ?. 

I never owned or played this before.... but I do hold the 5200 record in Centipede and 2600 my best is over 150ks. maybe that helps...

I just try to kill the spider as much as I can in all versions. lol, also I dont focus all my attention on the centipede, if its looming, just shoot where u can at it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

I never owned or played this before.... but I do hold the 5200 record in Centipede and 2600 my best is over 150ks. maybe that helps...

I just try to kill the spider as much as I can in all versions. lol, also I dont focus all my attention on the centipede, if its looming, just shoot where u can at it.

I'm sure that helps... lol  Thanks for the tips, been trying those already with no success. I have tried so many ways with no progress. But I do come close to my high score when I focus on the scorp and spider.  Im so frustrated with this game that I might through it out of the window.. lmao!!   

• Haha 1

I have to walk away from it after a few hours playing ,for at least  30min .. Then like a fool I go back to the slaughter and keep trying. It has been work eat and centipede for the last week. lol  I think the programmers need to play their own game so we can watch them get slaughtered and give up after 15 mins.. ;) lol

• Haha 1

Thank you Jacob for another Season for the Intellivision! 

This has been the most fun Intv. HSC season for me  :)

It probably seems I wasn't here much but I was participating most of the time, just didn't get here with my submissions in time, I was so damn busy, lol

Very much appreciated!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jacob,thanks again for running  the whole thing,you did an outstanding job! 

For me personally,I had a great time playing a bunch of games I dont play enough.

My two main goals were to post a score for each game and to have a top 5 finish so I managed that too.

I really enjoyed the friendly banter,competition and especially the encouragement and support amongst everybody.

Hopefully,we do this again soon!?? thanks all,Wolfy62

Edited by wolfy62
Spelling error
  • Like 4

Season 11 winner: Bamse

Final Rankings

1. Bamse [135]

2. m-crew [133]

3. JacobZu7zu7 [99]

4. IntyfanMatt [96]

5. wolfy62 [68]

6. felson42 [58]