IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 11 - Game 13 - Centipede

Cogrates to Bamse a battle right to the end !!!!  It's always a pleasure competing here with all you.. A great Bunch for sure.. A Motley Crue  for sure.. ;)  I Also Thank You Jacab for running another great season here.. Looking forward to our next challenges.. 

Cheers Brothers and Sisters...  

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, mr_me said:

Takeaway the emulation bonus points in vectron and m-crew wins.  I'd call season eleven a tie.

I would diffidently agree to that for some reason.. What about all the extra points that only one game got. ;)  B n the B... just kidding its all for fun.. 

• Like 1

Just now, m-crew said:

Bamse dont you wonder how much you will improve your scores with the new Amico controller ? When  I'm playing games Im fighting the controller as much as the game it self..  

Not so much with the controller, whilst the Inty controller has its obvious limitations its what I grew uo with so, for Intellivision games at least, it just seems right. Maybe it's just muscle memory or all in my head but I find it weird using other controllers for Intellivision games.

Having said all that, the Amico is going to be a cross between a modern controller and the controller I grew up with so maybe, it will help improve all our scores :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Not so much with the controller, whilst the Inty controller has its obvious limitations its what I grew uo with so, for Intellivision games at least, it just seems right. Maybe it's just muscle memory or all in my head but I find it weird using other controllers for Intellivision games.

Having said all that, the Amico is going to be a cross between a modern controller and the controller I grew up with so maybe, it will help improve all our scores :)

My issue is with running and shooting with the keypad and button response time(for rapid fire or quick actions) or button and disc issues.. I have gone through coutless of Controllers and now they all have issues.  lol These are what I grew up with but they do have quality issues not to mention the intv 2 buttons.. 

24 minutes ago, m-crew said:

My issue is with running and shooting with the keypad and button response time(for rapid fire or quick actions) or button and disc issues.. I have gone through coutless of Controllers and now they all have issues.  lol These are what I grew up with but they do have quality issues not to mention the intv 2 buttons.. 

Yeah, they have many flaws, flaws which should and I have no doubt will be addressed, at least to some extent with Amico.

luckely, I've never had the misfortune of using an Intellivision II controller, the Inty II was never released here and from what I hear, I'm not to upset about that lol.

7 hours ago, m-crew said:

A modern controller won't fix the disc/keypad limitation unless you cross map both intellivision controllers to one.  That's how I got my high score in night stalker.  The limitation is still with the number of data lines inside the intellivision. 

An amico controller might work with single button games but using the second button on an amico controller will be a little awkward (e.g. dreadnaught factor).  Not having a tactile keypad is not ideal for games like deadly discs.  They could map game specific swipe actions or virtual buttons on the touchpad.  Still, an amico controller will probably be more reliable.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

A modern controller won't fix the disc/keypad limitation unless you cross map both intellivision controllers to one.  That's how I got my high score in night stalker.  The limitation is still with the number of data lines inside the intellivision. 

An amico controller might work with single button games but using the second button on an amico controller will be a little awkward (e.g. dreadnaught factor).  Not having a tactile keypad is not ideal for games like deadly discs.  They could map game specific swipe actions or virtual buttons on the touchpad.  Still, an amico controller will probably be more reliable.

Like this controller?

Nurmix sold this to me 3 years ago at PRGE,a controller where you can run and fire at the same time!

Oh yeah,and he is working with Amico so hopefully they implement the run and shoot simultaneously ability with their controllers. ??

**** please note I have not tested this controller or removed it from the package!?

20191206_043044.jpg

20191206_043018.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bamse said:

Yeah, they have many flaws, flaws which should and I have no doubt will be addressed, at least to some extent with Amico.

luckely, I've never had the misfortune of using an Intellivision II controller, the Inty II was never released here and from what I hear, I'm not to upset about that lol.

yup those buttons are thumb killers, let alone trying rapid fire them or anything really.. lol 

8 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Like this controller?

Nurmix sold this to me 3 years ago at PRGE,a controller where you can run and fire at the same time!

Oh yeah,and he is working with Amico so hopefully they implement the run and shoot simultaneously ability with their controllers. ??

**** please note I have not tested this controller or removed it from the package!?

20191206_043044.jpg

20191206_043018.jpg

Well its time to open up that baby!!!!  Yeah , I was too late in asking for one. He was going to check if he could find a couple to build for me but I guess i was out of luck... lol Hey send that up to me and ill test it for you....

• Like 1