IGNORED

Stella and Competition Pro USB Stick

Marc68

Hi everyone,

is there a trick to get the SpeedLink Competition Pro USB stick working on Stella 6.0.2. (Win 10)?  I didn't find anything in the settings. The emulator works fine with keybopard controls. No reaction with the stick, with one exception: When I crash the yellow plane to an obstacle in River Raid using the arrow keys, the plane turns black and THEN I can suddenly move it with the stick. That tells me that it must be working somehow. All other ROMs don't work at all with the stick. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Marc

2019-11-14_18h05_03.png

The black plane indicates that the game is in 2-player mode (player 1 is yellow, player 2 is black).  And if the stick only works on player 2 mode, then it might be that it's mapped to player 2 only.

You may have to go into the 'Event Remapping' options and change the settings, so that the stick maps to player 1 instead.  This is supposed to happen automatically for a new joystick, but if you've been playing with the settings already, something may have become messed up.  So either follow the suggestion above, or reset the mappings to defaults and (hopefully) let Stella find that joystick again.

The left joystick is "P0", the right joystick is "P1".  When you change mappings for "P1", you're actually changing them for the second player (aka, the right controller) :)

And in a single-player game, the right controller is never used, so you don't actually make use of the mappings in that case.