IGNORED

Atari Wedge — Error 14

LessNick

Hello there o/

I want to understand how atari wedge works.

Atariarchives.org has an article entitled “The wedge: Addings Command to Atari Basic”.

Comprehensive information, but the example of autorun.sys does not work correctly a bit.

The system boots without errors, but when you call a command, for example, DIR, in the end we get  stabile error 14:

wedge_1.png.711783b3271e2b6b85c608918682f56f.png

It is also interesting that if you type an error command with a length of 2 or more characters, and then retype the DIR command, the error disappears.

wedge_2.png.4eeadd0aa3c00d72a9082f9c3b60c54a.png

If I understand correctly, when calling a deliberately erroneous command, some additional initialization or something like that will occur.

Perhaps the error crept into the source code of the example or it really is not finalized?

The article states that you need to use DOS 2.0. I may not have the correct version, but I did a clean DOS2.0 image using ATRTools and then added the AUTORUN.SYS file.

p.s. I already tried, like an already compiled file(P174P2.OBJ), and tried to compile from the source. The result is the same.

• 11 months later...