IGNORED

Looking for a Ballblazer Cart?

sixersfan105

I just scored one at Trade-N-Games for only $5.95! Think it was their only copy at the moment, but might be worth bookmarking in case they get any more in the future. I also grabbed a $1.95 Asteroids cart just for good measure. Full online storefront; I don't live anywhere near their Missouri brick-and-mortar location.

• Like 2

We gotta stop killing Ballblazer carts. As a collector it makes me cringe to see that many of them get their guts ripped out. It's one thing if we were recycling a super common 2600 gameshell, but Ballblazer was never *that* common and it seems like at least several hundred (perhaps even 4 figures?) of them have been destroyed for homebrewing.  I've already hoarded about 25 of them over the last 2 years (Protective custody?), mostly ones I have run into locally, just so I can release them into the wild once a (cheap) pokey solution has been found.  

Edited by dmaxwell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dmaxwell said:

We gotta stop killing Ballblazer carts. As a collector it makes me cringe to see that many of them get their guts ripped out. It's one thing if we were recycling a super common 2600 gameshell, but Ballblazer was never *that* common and it seems like at least several hundred (perhaps even 4 figures?) of them have been destroyed for homebrewing.  I've already hoarded about 25 of them over the last 2 years (Protective custody?), mostly ones I have run into locally, just so I can release them into the wild once a (cheap) pokey solution has been found.  

Uhh it's pretty common. So you'd rather Ballblazers sit with no one playing them then see them repurposed into a fabulous new homebrew game that someone can enjoy on a regular basis? Keep in mind that most everyone that "kills" a Ballblazer cart already has a personal Ballblazer cart. As in, everyone who wants to enjoy Ballblazer in all its glory is already able to do just that. 

Meanwhile, you're hoarding Ballblazer carts so no one can either enjoy the game OR turn it into a homebrew game? Your logic seems quite flawed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Uhh it's pretty common. So you'd rather Ballblazers sit with no one playing them then see them repurposed into a fabulous new homebrew game that someone can enjoy on a regular basis? Keep in mind that most everyone that "kills" a Ballblazer cart already has a personal Ballblazer cart. As in, everyone who wants to enjoy Ballblazer in all its glory is already able to do just that. 

Meanwhile, you're hoarding Ballblazer carts so no one can either enjoy the game OR turn it into a homebrew game? Your logic seems quite flawed.

As a matter of fact, yes I do. Considering that we've managed to turn a formerly 5 dollar game into a 25-40 dollar game, I plan on holding on to them. 

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 1:35 AM, dmaxwell said:

As a matter of fact, yes I do. Considering that we've managed to turn a formerly 5 dollar game into a 25-40 dollar game, I plan on holding on to them. 

Oshea's smelting down tens of thousands of NIB copies by the pallet didn't cause that, nope, it was all the AtariAge Hater Brigade!  

P.S. There are folks out there still who still have full cases of Ballblazer (and other titles) from back when Oshea sold them for 40 to 90 cents each.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

Oshea's smelting down tens of thousands of NIB copies by the pallet didn't cause that, nope, it was all the AtariAge Hater Brigade!  

P.S. There are folks out there still who still have full cases of Ballblazer (and other titles) from back when Oshea sold them for 40 to 90 cents each.

I guess I'd have to see production numbers of Ballblazer + if anyone has any idea of how many have been sacrificed for Pokeys.  If it turns out I am being too paranoid about them (it is true after all that the game is worth 30-40 bucks now loose), I can always just unload the ones I have. 

Still, I think as collectors we'd all agree that in the long run, it is better to stop having to 'borrow' the Pokeys from them entirely. 

6 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

It seems alot of rare games got killed for homebrews here at AA 
A7800 Commando and A2600 double ender carts.
Isn't their a thread here at AA about someone using Comic Swarm carts for a homebrew?

Huh? No one kills Commando carts for homebrew. Never heard of double-ended kills, either. 

31 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

Didn't CPU kill Commando carts for the pokeys years ago?
R4 and R5 double enders are used to make the TCM / Halloween double enders. Correct me if i'm wrong CPU 

You are 100% correct.  But the double enders also exist in PAL, which I have killed plenty of.  I have killed more double ender XONOX carts than carts with a POKEY in it.

It's so funny to read how self important people think this tiny blip of people on this forum are in regards to the remaining quantity of a mass produced product that was made with the intent to be sold to as many consumers as possible when originally released.  99.999+ percent of the world doesn't give a shit about the Atari 7800 or any games for it. The perception of effected rarity on it's shitty little common games is so funny. We mean nothing to the numbers in total. The only time the numbers moved around was when Oshea's melted tens of thousands of them for their tiny amount of gold a decade ago.  And then you have guys who are hording them thinking they are doing God's work "saving them" when in reality they are furthering the problem they think they are addressing. :lol:  Humans I tell ya ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

It's so funny to read how self important people think this tiny blip of people on this forum are in regards to the remaining quantity of a mass produced product that was made with the intent to be sold to as many consumers as possible when originally released.  99.999+ percent of the world doesn't give a shit about the Atari 7800 or any games for it. The perception of effected rarity on it's shitty little common games is so funny. We mean nothing to the numbers in total. The only time the numbers moved around was when Oshea's melted tens of thousands of them for their tiny amount of gold a decade ago.  And then you have guys who are hording them thinking they are doing God's work "saving them" when in reality they are furthering the problem they think they are addressing. :lol:  Humans I tell ya ?

The issue isn't just this tiny blip of AtariAge people; my understanding is that there were others using Ballblazer as a donor on arcade boards or Atari 5200s. Again, you're probably right, but if I knew the numbers of these things that are out there vs. a pretty good guesstimate of how many have been destroyed, I'd probably stop worrying and learn to love to sell these things for people who might want them. I only need one copy for my collection after all. 

38 minutes ago, dmaxwell said:

The issue isn't just this tiny blip of AtariAge people; my understanding is that there were others using Ballblazer as a donor on arcade boards or Atari 5200s. Again, you're probably right, but if I knew the numbers of these things that are out there vs. a pretty good guesstimate of how many have been destroyed, I'd probably stop worrying and learn to love to sell these things for people who might want them. I only need one copy for my collection after all. 

And again, those doing anything with the Atari 5200, Atari 800 or Arcade machines or any other project (even those crushing them up to snort pokey dust) mean a total of zero in addition to those doing anything with the Atari 7800 where Ballblazer is concerned. :lol: