IGNORED

a french Venture full of papers

lucifershalo

14 hours ago, fsuinnc said:

Wait a minute, What's wrong with being a Boomer?

I thought everybody here was old like me. 

(This is terribly disturbing news)

It's a mind set meme, more than a generational thing. 

It's a critique of those who refuse to learn how a computer works, remember passwords, how to use an Alexa, can't help but download viruses, yell when a nephew tries to show them how a computer works, and passes on political outrage BS spam full of lies on Facebook... then decide to lecture younger generations on how they don't know how life works, having avocado on toast, or how easy it is to get a job when they don't realize that ATS resume gateway computers reject 90% of resumes submitted online, and that their college education costed 85% less than it does today.

Just now, Sinjinhawke said:

Well I had the Intellivision in High School so I am probably on middle to older scale.   Still a Gen X but will answer to OK Boomer.  

My kids are Gen-X. LOL I am a boomer.

Do people really care about labels (Gen X, Boomer, Millenial, etc.)??  I mean they seem like just ways to go about systematically hating someone for no good reason, right (unless the calendar year one happened to be born in is compelling enough reason for this hatred)?  I'm here because I love classic video games, period.  Does it really matter whether I was born in 1970, 1950 or 2000?  As the French might say, Sacre Bleu!!

26 minutes ago, dave1dmarx said:

Do people really care about labels (Gen X, Boomer, Millenial, etc.)??  I mean they seem like just ways to go about systematically hating someone for no good reason, right (unless the calendar year one happened to be born in is compelling enough reason for this hatred)?  I'm here because I love classic video games, period.  Does it really matter whether I was born in 1970, 1950 or 2000?  As the French might say, Sacre Bleu!!

For me it’s just a fun conversation.   The majority of the people I am friends with are 10 or more years younger than me and have no clue I passed the half century point until they see I have teenage kids.  Though I do take pleasure when I finish a 10km run a few minutes ahead of those young whippersnappers.  They don’t need to know I feel it more the next day.  ? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

For me it’s just a fun conversation.   The majority of the people I am friends with are 10 or more years younger than me and have no clue I passed the half century point until they see I have teenage kids.  Though I do take pleasure when I finish a 10km run a few minutes ahead of those young whippersnappers.  They don’t need to know I feel it more the next day.  ? 

I can sure relate to that!  I'm 49 and go to the gym just to run on the treadmill, which I do for an hour (6.5 miles).  I see so many people (20-somethings usually) who hop on and off the treadmills, running for five, maybe ten minutes. Meanwhile, this old guy here keeps chugging along!  I still feel the energy and vitality I had in my 20s for the most part and I'm always open to learning new things.  I'd hate to be complacent in life - at any age.  So when I hear stereotypes about "old people this" or "old people that", it does bug me because in my case I don't feel it applies at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...