Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lucifershalo

a french Venture full of papers

Recommended Posts

In my collection I have a Venture, french edition, with manual, catalogue, card to win a CBS Storing case, a receipt (he paid 250 ff in 1984  about 71 euros or $ 78.00), even a paper with his scores ;)

 

 

venture 2.jpg

venture 1.jpg

venture 3.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! The best part is the CBS catalog which I only found for the first time a few months ago in a sealed French DK Jr that I opened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Intymike said:

The pre owner got the game on my 16th birthday. :) 

Sigh, another person younger than me.  
 

Get off my lawn!!!!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Sigh, another person younger than me.  
 

Get off my lawn!!!!!!

 

ok boomer

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Intymike said:

 

ok boomer

And I know the reference thanks to my kids. 
 

I’m still a Gen X and for me Boomer will always be a cool Viper pilot / Sexy Cylon.   

Edited by Sinjinhawke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, Intymike said:

 

ok boomer

I'm waiting for one of the millennials I work with to drop that on me.  FFS, I'm only 42, which makes me Gen X.  My parents are the boomers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a minute, What's wrong with being a Boomer?

I thought everybody here was old like me. 

(This is terribly disturbing news)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fsuinnc said:

Wait a minute, What's wrong with being a Boomer?

I thought everybody here was old like me. 

(This is terribly disturbing news)

Looks like someone from the AtariAge TV Pong forums has wandered into our group.   😉

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fsuinnc said:

Wait a minute, What's wrong with being a Boomer?

I thought everybody here was old like me. 

(This is terribly disturbing news)

It's a mind set meme, more than a generational thing. 

It's a critique of those who refuse to learn how a computer works, remember passwords, how to use an Alexa, can't help but download viruses, yell when a nephew tries to show them how a computer works, and passes on political outrage BS spam full of lies on Facebook... then decide to lecture younger generations on how they don't know how life works, having avocado on toast, or how easy it is to get a job when they don't realize that ATS resume gateway computers reject 90% of resumes submitted online, and that their college education costed 85% less than it does today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 12:03 PM, Intymike said:

The pre owner got the game on my 16th birthday. :) 

I was 17. I prolly gave you a swirly* in the Boy's Room. 😈

 

*not really. I never did that.😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Looks like someone from the AtariAge TV Pong forums has wandered into our group.   😉

I bet I'm one of the oldest on here. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBWW said:

I bet I'm one of the oldest on here. LOL

Well I had the Intellivision in High School so I am probably on middle to older scale.   Still a Gen X but will answer to OK Boomer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sinjinhawke said:

Well I had the Intellivision in High School so I am probably on middle to older scale.   Still a Gen X but will answer to OK Boomer.  

My kids are Gen-X. LOL I am a boomer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people really care about labels (Gen X, Boomer, Millenial, etc.)??  I mean they seem like just ways to go about systematically hating someone for no good reason, right (unless the calendar year one happened to be born in is compelling enough reason for this hatred)?  I'm here because I love classic video games, period.  Does it really matter whether I was born in 1970, 1950 or 2000?  As the French might say, Sacre Bleu!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dave1dmarx said:

Do people really care about labels (Gen X, Boomer, Millenial, etc.)??  I mean they seem like just ways to go about systematically hating someone for no good reason, right (unless the calendar year one happened to be born in is compelling enough reason for this hatred)?  I'm here because I love classic video games, period.  Does it really matter whether I was born in 1970, 1950 or 2000?  As the French might say, Sacre Bleu!!

For me it’s just a fun conversation.   The majority of the people I am friends with are 10 or more years younger than me and have no clue I passed the half century point until they see I have teenage kids.  Though I do take pleasure when I finish a 10km run a few minutes ahead of those young whippersnappers.  They don’t need to know I feel it more the next day.  🤫 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

For me it’s just a fun conversation.   The majority of the people I am friends with are 10 or more years younger than me and have no clue I passed the half century point until they see I have teenage kids.  Though I do take pleasure when I finish a 10km run a few minutes ahead of those young whippersnappers.  They don’t need to know I feel it more the next day.  🤫 

I can sure relate to that!  I'm 49 and go to the gym just to run on the treadmill, which I do for an hour (6.5 miles).  I see so many people (20-somethings usually) who hop on and off the treadmills, running for five, maybe ten minutes. Meanwhile, this old guy here keeps chugging along!  I still feel the energy and vitality I had in my 20s for the most part and I'm always open to learning new things.  I'd hate to be complacent in life - at any age.  So when I hear stereotypes about "old people this" or "old people that", it does bug me because in my case I don't feel it applies at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Ok boomer, could you share the treadmill please???  😉

The gym I go to has 20190904_152729.thumb.jpg.41f1cf75c9e8a5d37e6f67172825e8f6.jpgan abundance of em.  Go find your own, millenial! 😂

Edited by dave1dmarx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, cmart604 said:

Nice! The best part is the CBS catalog which I only found for the first time a few months ago in a sealed French DK Jr that I opened. 

Wow! Great to know that you opened the DK Jr! :) Happy to help. Cheers, from Belgium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oscar G. said:

Wow! Great to know that you opened the DK Jr! :) Happy to help. Cheers, from Belgium

Haha! Yes you're right! This was from you. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...