IGNORED

Toy Shock Taiyo 12-in-1 three quarter scale hybrid home pinball machine with Haunted House, Black Hole, and more, now available for pre-order!

Bill Loguidice

• 3 weeks later...

I havent seen any of these new Toy Shock pinball machines in person however I did get to play on a UltraPin machine this past weekend at an arcade.  The UltraPin had a great selection however the screen was tough to play on.  I started Black Knight 2000 (one of my favs) and there was no depth perception between the upper and lower parts of the playfield.  It seemed stretched and a bit washed out.

For those that have tried the new Toy Shock and other machines, do you know how it compares to something like the UltraPin?

6 hours ago, Goochman said:

I havent seen any of these new Toy Shock pinball machines in person however I did get to play on a UltraPin machine this past weekend at an arcade.  The UltraPin had a great selection however the screen was tough to play on.  I started Black Knight 2000 (one of my favs) and there was no depth perception between the upper and lower parts of the playfield.  It seemed stretched and a bit washed out.

For those that have tried the new Toy Shock and other machines, do you know how it compares to something like the UltraPin?

There is uniform consistency on the Toy Shock's screen when you're actually in-game. Some of the graphical assets are lower resolution and jagged, however. There's also no depth perception, so in that regard, it's similar to what you've experienced on the UltraPin.

Having put more time into this machine, I can say that I adjusted to the lag and no longer perceive it. It's fun for what it is.

48 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

With ToyShock having the Farsight/Gottlieb license, and Arcade1up having the Zen/Bally/Williams license, what do you suppose an AtGames pinball machine would have? Stern? Visual Pinball? Future Pinball?

I think they speculate about that in the video.

Most likely, it will be able to just run things from Steam, or maybe bring your own ROMS.

It will have to be a muliti-pin machine to be worthwhile, just like the Atgames standup arcade.

later

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I think the price(s) are a little bit high - probably because it's one person hand assembling them. I do like the overall size/form factor, though... it's a good option in this emerging market.

the more options the better, some people don't want or need all the other features from the other ones.

other people don't have the space for 3/4 or bigger. it's more like a countercade size.

later

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I missed this announcement a month ago, but it's intriguing...

Toyshock is introducing a $249 bartop pinball machine that is 15" wide, 21" deep, and 19" tall. It has an 18.5" screen. 12 classic Gottlieb games included, and it will come with four skins... Class of 1812, Bone Busters, Black Hole, and Haunted House. Regarding the selection of 12 games, there will be two collections (with some titles included on both) among the four skin/designs. You're still looking at the LED backplate with four scores and a ball counter, and it will save high scores.

I think it's a great size for people who don't have the space for a 3/4 scale or larger virtual pinball table, and the price seems pretty fair. And the smaller size with different artwork options also increases that temptation to collect more than one. Now I'm leaning toward getting one of these to tide me over until I get a house with more room for a larger table!

Here's a video with more info: