IGNORED

Commavid games sold in stores?

schuwalker

Anybody ever recall seeing Commavid games sold in stores in or around the Chicagoland area?

My interest has piqued when I found out the old Commavid command post was only half hour from where I reside. My folks used to do a quite of bit of shopping around that Fox Valley shopping center in Aurora back then.

I just don't remember see their stuff back then at all.

• Like 1

CommaVid distributed their games nationally, albeit in limited quantities.  Despite rumors to the contrary, all titles except MagiCard and Video Life were sold in stores to some degree.  I'm sure that most distributors in the Midwest had them although I couldn't tell you which stores actually sold them.  There had to have been regional department chains there that carried them.  I'll check old newspaper ads and see if I can find any.  I know Boscov's (who had other rare oddball stuff at closeout prices like the Wizard games) sold them in the Northeast.

The Tigervision games were sold at several national chains, including Kay-Bee and Lionel stores.

boscovs.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...