IGNORED

Speedway Blast - 65XE compatible?

I bought a 65XE and a few cartridges a while back.

There's one cartridge that I can't seem to get working; Speedway Blast by IDSI.  Label indicates that it's for the 400/800 and does not specifically state that it will work with the XL/XE series.  When I plug it in, the computer goes into diagnostic mode.  Other cartridges work fine.

Just wanted to confirm that this game is not intended to work on the XE.  Can anyone advise please?

Very interesting... as I've just completed my Cart library on Ultimate/SD cart, and that was precisely one of the last ones I added, recently.

In stock OS (XL/XE r03/r04) it will not run. However, if you can manage to load Qmeg4.04 OS, you will be able to run on your 65XE!

Enjoy!

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

However, if you can manage to load Qmeg4.04 OS, you will be able to run on your 65XE!

Or any other replacement OS ROM that features better 400/800 OS compatibility. ie. XL FIX, Oldrunner, BOSS XL, Omniview, Omnimon, Ramrod/OSN XL, etc.

• 1 year later...

Aw, man. I just got my Ultimate cart in the mail today and this was one of the games I was most looking forward to playing. It's not running on my XEGS, which jives with what's being said here. Just tried it on my 800, but the cart as a whole is having issues running. Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting it to work? All this "run other OS" talk is completely new to me.