IGNORED

Adam not working

Tron Unit

Just hooked up my Adam after our move.  I am using an external AC power supply purchased from a well-known member of this group.  The power light on the power supply is on.  The red keyboard power light is on so I know it is getting power.  No picture and no sound coming from the console indicating it is working.  When I try the reset button nothing happens.  When I put a cartridge in the slot and hit the reset button nothing happens.  Problem is definitely at the console unit.  Any ideas what it could be or is the unit toast?

2 hours ago, Milli Vee said:

Do the shake test - make sure nothing is floating around in the case. But it does look like a bad cable or bad connection to the TV. Don't use the 5 pin - use a standard AV cable from the monitor port - yes no sound but it lets you see if its cable versus system.

Milli

Yes like I said the monitor out is fine no sound.  I took it completely apart, cleaned the reset buttons with CRC.  Everything looks good.  Not sure if it’s a bad cable.  This is the only DIN cable I own and it’s the one that I got from you when I bought the system from your Retro System Rescue website so I know it used to work fine.  I read that rolling noise can be caused by using a DIN that has incorrect wiring to the pins on the connector port.  I might try to get a Commodore 64 DIN monitor cable since I read it can be substituted for the Adam but beyond that it may need the port solder connector replaced.