IGNORED

Atari 800 - SIO2SD not working

Lardo Boffin

5 hours ago, Lardo Boffin said:

That is an impressively clear screen output. ?

How do you do it?

The 800 has @tf_hh's very nice SCCC, and it's connected to the monitor using the equally nice RetroTink 2K Pro ?

There's a small issue with some light vertical bands on the display when using s-video that I'd like to fix eventually, but it looks fantastic otherwise, and obviously a huge improvement over using composite video on and old TV set...

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

I still have to adjust the colors either on the 800 or the monitor - not sure which.

And, of course, back to the topic of this thread: it'd be great if we could get sources for the eight-year-old SIO2SD configurator from "Pajero/MadTeam"!

Edited by jamm

7 minutes ago, mimo said:

Thanks, I don't have sdx so only used the first one.

I'm guessing there is something amiss with my pal 800?

IMG_20200423_141352.jpg

You don't need SDX for SI224 - load it as you would any other Atari executable binary.

As for your display; are you referring to the vertical bar in the middle?  I don't know if that's normal on PAL, but someone else can certainly answer that easily.

33 minutes ago, mimo said:

Thanks again, yes I was referring to the vertical line  

That's normal - it happens because the luma bits go from 0111 to 1000 for that brightness.  The UAV video mod prevents this, but almost all stock Ataris will exhibit that line.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That's normal - it happens because the luma bits go from 0111 to 1000 for that brightness.  The UAV video mod prevents this, but almost all stock Ataris will exhibit that line.

Ah - so I don't see it because of the SCCC!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Cool, thanks for the info

22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Very neat explanation, and as you might expect, there's a fainter version of the line going from 0011 to 0100. ?