IGNORED

Aquarius Box Protectors

EdgeOfPortal

Welcome to AtariAge, and congratulations on completing your Aquarius collection!  That's no small feat, considering the rarity of some of the software titles.

Coincidentally, I was thinking just yesterday about this very subject.  I was putting some of my more unusual-sized boxes (Atari JagCD and XEGS games and Odyssey2 Master Strategy games) into their own protectors, now that protectors are finally available for them, and it occurred to me that the Aquarius is about the only system left which does not have its own protectors.  I believe that some box protector vendors have offered to make protectors in custom sizes, but to the best of my knowledge, none have been made as yet for the Aquarius.  I'll have to make some inquiries about this, because I'd love to have them myself.

(By the way, would you be willing to take some close-up pictures of some of your Aquarius game boxes?  I'm putting an Aquarius website together and I'm looking for higher-quality pictures of some of the rarer titles.  Send me a PM if you can.  If I can get some Aquarius box protectors made, perhaps we can work out a trade!)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I’ve got a full US Set (Hardware and Software) for the Aquarius, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get box protectors that fit boxes for games, software, and hardware.

Congrats on a complete set. Prepare for the "pics please" requests. ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

@jaybird3rd Sent you a pm by the way, not sure if you saw it.

Thank you!  I just replied.  As I mentioned, I'll ask around to see if any box protector vendors can do a custom order for the Aquarius; if I find one, I'll post about it here so everyone else knows about it, too.  I'll focus specifically on protectors for the Aquarius games, since those include the rarest releases for the Aquarius.

• Like 1

I have been working with various guys that make box protectors for the last couple years to try and get protectors made to cover all the classic systems.

We have come very far with this and there are not many games left missing protectors.

I had boiled down to 4 main ones missing protectors still.

A protector to fit the big box colecovision and computer games

A protector for the original odyssey long box games

A protector for aquarius games....4 utilities of course have bigger boxes and the first focus would be a protector that fits all the actual games

A protector for microvision games

William who formerly owned mortoff games has been very open to helping us finish the last few as well as some missing console box protectors.

He just did a run of protectors for the colecovision console that are now available to buy. They are outstanding!

And he has ones for the smaller box original intellivision console and the arcadia 2001 console currently being made.

He also is ready to go forward with protectors for the original odyssey games if there is enough interest.

He is also planning to do big box protectors for coleco/adam games etc in the next couple months.

Hopefully 1 for the aquarius games could be next up. If there is enough preinterest he will do them he said. I already commited to 15-20 myself for aquarius games.

I sent him an Aquarius game box about a year ago right as he sold mortoff games.

He has now restarted more projects under his new company hoskinson industries.

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/

On another note does anyone know if the original intellivision system box (the smaller 2nd version) is the same size box as the super pro, inty 3, tandyvision, bandai, or others possibly?

Can anyone easily check?

Cmart maybe :)

since he chose to do this size 1 first it would be great if it fits these others but i dont have them all out handy right now to check.

thanks!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stupus said:

I have been working with various guys that make box protectors for the last couple years to try and get protectors made to cover all the classic systems.

We have come very far with this and there are not many games left missing protectors.

A protector for aquarius games....4 utilities of course have bigger boxes and the first focus would be a protector that fits all the actual games

William who formerly owned mortoff games has been very open to helping us finish the last few as well as some missing console box protectors.

He just did a run of protectors for the colecovision console that are now available to buy. They are outstanding!

And he has ones for the smaller box original intellivision console and the arcadia 2001 console currently being made.

He also is ready to go forward with protectors for the original odyssey games if there is enough interest.

He is also planning to do big box protectors for coleco/adam games etc in the next couple months.

Hopefully 1 for the aquarius games could be next up. If there is enough preinterest he will do them he said. I already commited to 15-20 myself for aquarius games.

I sent him an Aquarius game box about a year ago right as he sold mortoff games.

On another note does anyone know if the original intellivision system box (the smaller 2nd version) is the same size box as the super pro, inty 3, tandyvision, bandai, or others possibly?

Can anyone easily check?

since he chose to do this size 1 first it would be great if it fits these others but i dont have them all out handy right now to check.

thanks!!

Lol! I guess I could. Where’s my measuring tape?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

Can anyone easily check?

thanks!!

Make sure to comment here if Aquarius protectors go into manufacturing. Would pay a lot for some high quality protectors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

Excellent news!  He was one of the vendors I was thinking of contacting.  I believe he supplied the JagCD protectors that I use, which I'm very happy with, so I'd be delighted if he decides to offer Aquarius protectors.  I'd also commit to buying 15-20 protectors.

• Like 1

Yes, he did the jagcd, big box 7800, odyssey 2, odyssey 2 board game, rca s2 game protectors no one else had done.

Also odyssey 2 console protectors and now coleco console.

Great guy and nice quality stuff.

Anyone who can mention interest will definitely help move him to make the aquarius ones.

I have all but space speller of the games for aquarius cib and would love to have them in protectors! :)

• Like 1

Here is the thread we have lately been discussing new projects ideas.

Anyone mentioning interest in the aquarius game protectors here would definitely get them made quicker when he sees a good quantity wanted.

I will go post that people are interested too!

• Like 1

Did respond to this in my other thread. Stupus maybe we could collaborate on creating a central thread for all box protector related questions and requests? I know I would be interested in trying to fill as much demand as there is especially for stuff that is already made as I can use the money made to fulfill requests for new items. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

@jaybird3rd @cmart604 @Intymike Here's a photo I posted on an old Reddit account a little while ago of the full US set.

Astrosmash is missing its box, but otherwise it's complete. Don't mind the Vic-20 in the background.

Aquarius Full Set.JPG

I think, we can say that this is a Mattel full set...or is there a Mattel Chess?

8 minutes ago, Intymike said:

I think, we can say that this is a Mattel full set...or is there a Mattel Chess?

It’s a full US set so I don’t believe chess was released in the US, only Europe. Unless you mean who manufactured each cart? In that case they’re all manufactured by Mattel Electronics. I’ve also got a Radofin Aquarius system though. 2 units, one from each company.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal