IGNORED

5200 Controller always goes right

EpikalPuppy

I recently got a 5200 with two controllers. I was able to fix the first one by cleaning the potentiometers and the contacts between the potentiometers and the wires connected to them, while also super gluing aluminum foil to the old carbon contacts on the buttons. When I got to the second controller, I was able to get the up-down potentiometer working correctly, but the right-left one always goes to the right. I know these controllers are very temperamental, and I would like to know what other steps I can take to see if I can get it working.

Edited by EpikalPuppy

When you had the controllers apart for cleaning, I presume you've already physically aligned the pots as described in the Field Service Manual, correct? If not, give that a try first of course.

If you did, then it's possible that one or both of the potentiometer wires is disconnected or making poor contact so as to give a faulty reading. It's also possible one of those two wires for the pot don't have continuity all the way through to the controller plug. Do you have a multimeter that you can use to check continuity all the way through from the pot connections to the pins on the controller plug?