IGNORED

Anyone have a schematic for a dial controlled rapid fire?

Swami

Okay. I am thinking about trying to make a variable speed paddle for digital joystick atari games. The basis of this would be the electronics of a rapid fire adapter so as you turn the paddle left or right you are increasing the number of quick joystick presses per second. It could be used for Atari games like Enduro, Pole Position, Space Invaders, etc. To begin with, I would need the schematic for a rapid fire adapter with a potentiometer dial on it. The ones for Atari 2600 or SMS would do. Looked and looked on the internet but couldn't find it.

I should say I've found several that have just the on/off switch but no variable speed. They may be too simple to just add a pot as a paddle. Then I have to find a way to offset voltage, so when I get to the middle of the pot, everything is zero and I don't get any weird feedback on the left from turning to the right.

Well, now that I tried to test it, all of the 2600 shooting games I have out seem to be auto fire. I did try my joystick, (asciiware power clutch sg) on several non-shooting games to see if I could tell if it works (inconclusive) and finally tried missile command, which isn't really appropriate for testing this feature, but it appears it works. Then I tried Super Cobra, and it's not really helpful for that game, but it seems to work correctly.

10 hours ago, fiddlepaddle said:

Well, now that I tried to test it, all of the 2600 shooting games I have out seem to be auto fire. I did try my joystick, (asciiware power clutch sg) on several non-shooting games to see if I could tell if it works (inconclusive) and finally tried missile command, which isn't really appropriate for testing this feature, but it appears it works. Then I tried Super Cobra, and it's not really helpful for that game, but it seems to work correctly.

I'm not familiar with this stick. Does it have variable rapid fire, variable movement speed with stick position, variable movement speed with a switch or the slow motion where the pause is flickered on and off? Looks like variable rapid fire and slow motion with the pause flicker.

The schematic for the the Genesis variable rapid fire would also work as a starting point..