IGNORED

Best 8 Bit multiplayer game?

overgrouth

I'm running a tournament at the Sac Gaming Expo. Along side my Tournament I will bring 10 free play consoles for anyone to play. Among these consoles are two Atari 400's and an Atari 800. I will be putting Castle Crisis on the 800 on an Average Cart so people can change the game if they want. I wanted to start the games off with something multiplayer that people would absolutely have interest in before someone changes the game. Also if no one is playing what it has been changed to then I can change it back to the multiplayer game that I know will do well. So I look forward to other peoples opinions of what a good multiplayer game is on the 400 and 800 systems. Also it can give me a good idea for the following years Tournament as I can add it to my list of games to play tournaments on.

Note
I want Multiplayer games because for those who already have these systems and games need a reason to come to the convention outside of a swap meet. If single player games are up for free play it probably will not attract people as they can play this stuff at home. However if I offer the opportunity to play with other people on multiplayer games it can attract those who do not have the ability to play friends at home which is probably most of us. That is my goal to offer a place where people can play old games in a multiplayer environment that is not accessible otherwise.

• Like 2

Here's a list of multiplayer games.

If you have an 800XL and a Multijoy (and you should!) Sails of Doom is great fun and works for up to 8 players. Many other Multijoy games are good fun as well and most are quite easy to learn, so great for some casual gaming. I don't know of any Multijoy ports onto 400/800s although the simpler ones should work with 48K.

M.U.L.E. is a great game but maybe too complicated for an Expo setup.

Asteroids should be fun with four players.

• Like 3

Hello guys

The best multiplayer / multijoy game probably is Mashed Turtles.  The multijoy interface will work on the 400 and 800 too, but I'm not sure how much memory you need to play the game.  Mashed Turtles is often played at German conventions and usually draws a lot of people to the Atari.

Sincerely

Mathy

Checkers, Chess, Go,... mkay, not good for shows. How about:

Grand Prix Sim., Hot Wheels, BMX Sim., Brik-Bat, Tank vs. Tank, Dandy, Aliens (Dandy-clone), Pitstop 2, Dark Chambers, Track & Field / L.A. Games 1984, Decathlon, Summer Games, Winter Events, Winter Olympiad 88 / Winter Challenge, Winter Olympics, White Circus, Laser Duell, Megablast, Just Pong!, Air Hockey, Soccer (Thorn EMI), Ice Hockey (Thorn EMI), Archon, Ballblazer, Basketball, One on One, Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer Pong, Asteroids, Outlaw/Howitzer, Video Classics, Kikstart and many many more...

But errm,  I cannot tell which of these games will work on an Atari 800, since I don't have one. Is your Atari 800 equipped with an Incognito or just standard ?

Hello overgrouth

Try TWOMAZE, it was type-in software from ANALOG Computing.  It's a great PacMan like game that you can play alone or with two people at the same time.

Sincerely

Mathy  (who just downloaded it, so he can put it on one of his flash cartridges, so he can play it at an Atari 8 bit meeting

)

If two player game counts... 

Schloss Schreckenstein (http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=4420) - superb 2 player plattformer

Tigris (http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3267) - great 2 player tetris clone

Mig Alley Ace (http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2348) - hours and hours fighting in the air

And if you are ABBUC e. V. member... you can try my Another Pong ?

• Like 1

Schreckenstein is probably my favourite 8 bit game ever, not only is it an awesome 2 player game, it also features some incredible AI when playing single player - because there is no single player, the computer will take over player 2! It looks fabulous too!