IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

34 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I havent been able to update my Fujinet last few days or so. Is it just me? It does not build correctly. Doing things the same way I have always updated it in the past.

Thanx

Doug

Make sure to use the second configuration (ESP32 WROOM) from this example platformio.ini file:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/atariwifi/blob/master/platformio/FujiNet/platformio-sample.ini

Can you cut and paste any of the error messages from the build log?

12 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I thought I was all good, but no.

My Fujinets do not save the network connect, asks to pick network and enter password every time I reboot?

Added the ssid.h as always

Any pointers?

The latest code is tuned for the new WROVER board and you are probably missing the new button which when pressed at boot resets the config. You can fix this by adding the R10 pull up from the new schematic (and the switch if you want).

(Maybe we could ifdef that in the code for the WROOM boards)

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-hardware/blob/master/Schematics/fujinet-schematic-esp32-wrover_03.3_20200414.jpg

Edited by mozzwald
parens

Just now, Fierodoug5 said:

ugh, that stinks

Yeah, sorry, it's been changing rapidly.

Fyi tho, we have frozen hardware for 1.0 so no more changes on that front. I'm working on the final layout tweaks before getting some outside pcb assembly done. I'll be posting the final schematic soon in the hardware thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I thought I was all good, but no.

My Fujinets do not save the network connect, asks to pick network and enter password every time I reboot?

Added the ssid.h as always

Any pointers?

I think all of the code still works with WROOM as long as you don't enable Bluetooth.  Assume this won't be the case for much longer, though.

Try wiping the flash ("Erase Flash" in the PlatformIO task list) then re-uploading the filesystem.  There's a chance you're running into a config save bug having to do with the WiFi credentials.  Also make sure you delete any current fnconfig.ini on your SD card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamm said:

I think all of the code still works with WROOM as long as you don't enable Bluetooth.  Assume this won't be the case for much longer, though.

Try wiping the flash ("Erase Flash" in the PlatformIO task list) then re-uploading the filesystem.  There's a chance you're running into a config save bug having to do with the WiFi credentials.  Also make sure you delete any current fnconfig.ini on your SD card.

Tried all of that. Still does not save config. 

Thanx

Doug

3 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Tried all of that. Still does not save config. 

Thanx

Doug

Here's a test. Add the #ifdef and #endif lines before and after this if statement in platformio/FujiNet/config/config.cpp line 296:

// Clear the config file if key is currently pressed
#ifdef BOARD_HAS_PSRAM
    if(KeyManager::keyCurrentlyPressed(OTHER_KEY))
    {
        #ifdef DEBUG
        Debug_println("fnConfig deleting configuration file and skipping SD check");
        #endif
        if(fnSPIFFS.exists(CONFIG_FILENAME))
            fnSPIFFS.remove(CONFIG_FILENAME);
        _dirty = true; // We have a new config, so we treat it as needing to be saved
        return;
    }
#endif

This will disable config erase at bootup if you do not have the pull up and button (ie, older WROOM builds)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Here's a test. Add the #ifdef and #endif lines before and after this if statement in platformio/FujiNet/config/config.cpp line 296:

// Clear the config file if key is currently pressed
#ifdef BOARD_HAS_PSRAM
    if(KeyManager::keyCurrentlyPressed(OTHER_KEY))
    {
        #ifdef DEBUG
        Debug_println("fnConfig deleting configuration file and skipping SD check");
        #endif
        if(fnSPIFFS.exists(CONFIG_FILENAME))
            fnSPIFFS.remove(CONFIG_FILENAME);
        _dirty = true; // We have a new config, so we treat it as needing to be saved
        return;
    }
#endif

This will disable config erase at bootup if you do not have the pull up and button (ie, older WROOM builds)

Yes!, That worked Perfect.

Thank you, Thank You!

• Like 1

@everyone starting to add the rest of the N* tools to fnc-tools.

These are tools that talk to the SIO part of the N: device directly, and therefore do not require the NDEV to be resident, and will be provided as a form of "always compatible" that will work whenever ndev takes up too much RAM, or is incompatible with a chosen DOS.

There will be:

NDIR - directory listing
NCOPY - copy files
NDEL - Erase files
NREN - Rename Files
NLOAD - binary load from N:

These tools work hand in hand with NCD and NPWD.

20200529_002719.thumb.jpg.6b67efd435e28a3660e9236d8f8fcb39.jpg

I have now checked in NDIR, and am proceeding to write the rest.

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Thom - what’s the best way to get a test board to start fooling around with this? 

For someone with your experience with electronics, it's really trivial and cheap to build your own very quickly.  I did it and have no where near your electronics know-how!  Most people currently playing with FujiNet are doing so with a self-made unit based on one of the two designs below:

The easier-to-find ESP32 WROOM still works, although there's a good chance we'll go beyond its capacity as the firmware gets further development.  Not really sure if/when that will be, though. Presently, you'd have one less physical button and not be able to enable Bluetooth for SIO2BT reliably.  Personally I wouldn't find those to be limitations, but my needs aren't the same as everyone's... This schematic will get you that version:

The ESP32 WROVER design is the safe bet for not being obsoleted eventually, but it's not quite as easy to find the needed SOC module.  The WROVER modules that are out there are mostly not in the easy-to-put-onto-a-handmade-board kit that the above WROOM can easily be found in, so you either have to be comfortable dealing with SMD soldering or track down one of the rare WROOM-like kits that someone found, like this:https://allegro.pl/oferta/esp32-devkitc-vb-modul-iot-z-esp32-wrover-b-8954581736

Here's the schematic for that:

Note that the firmware is still very much in development and changing frequently.  You'll have have to not mind downloading the current source and using Visual Studio Code to compile and upload it to the device.  Thom has done an admirable job of documenting how to get set up and how many parts work, although things change quickly and it's hard to keep the documentation up to date: https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/atariwifi/wiki

And, of course, you could wait for Mozzwald to finalize the board and get more out there to people, but then you'd miss out on a part of the fun!  ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jamm said:

The WROVER modules that are out there are mostly not in the easy-to-put-onto-a-handmade-board kit that the above WROOM can easily be found in, so you either have to be comfortable dealing with SMD soldering

Ugh. Not a fan of SMD ... I have very, very limited SMD soldering experience and at this stage, my eyesight isn’t getting any better. :(

#FujiNet #Atari8bit In the last week and a half, a lot of work has gone into two places, firstly the N: Device is being shrunk to decrease MEMLO, and secondly there are now tools to access N: device resources, without needing the N: handler, such as NCOPY and NDIR!

• Like 3

Care packages of goods might need to be sent to our hero, maybe some goodies for the Family.... a thanks for their patience.... but if they're moving... how can we get stuff to them in time or to the correct home?

perhaps home warming gifts and treats? once we know :)

you can always turn off the sio sounder if it bothers you...it won't hurt anything just like electronic arts disks etc..

Edited by _The Doctor__