IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

11 minutes ago, jeffpiep said:

This is amazing. I can't believe the emulator did this! Can you attach the SVG file? I'd love to see what it output.

Sure, here you go.  I had to do a screen-clip of the output, then paste it into MS Paint and rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise, but here it is. 

spysat.svg

Edited by DrVenkman
typo
  • Thanks 1

And this got me thinking ... I used the (vintage) Atari 1020 Screen Print utility disk ATR I found on Archive.Org to do this output. It would be awesome if someone who actually knew how to write code could do something similar but in a somewhat "smarter" way. For instance, this program lets you load the graphic file you want to print, but it only gives you the option of assigning 4 colors - one for each pen. While it does allow you to "skip" a color and leave it white (or "blank", since a real plotter would have white paper), it doesn't use white as a de facto 5th available color. For instance, my original AtariArtist file used a brown color for the land, and a dithered brown-ish color for the solar panel on the satellite. It would have been nice to be able to specify that last unused "pen" color to use in some way.

But if wishes were wings, pigs could fly. :) I still think the output looked pretty good even with only 3 simulated pen colors + white (blank) in use.

Just now, DrVenkman said:

And this got me thinking ... I used the (vintage) Atari 1020 Screen Print utility disk ATR I found on Archive.Org to do this output. It would be awesome if someone who actually knew how to write code could do something similar but in a somewhat "smarter" way. For instance, this program lets you load the graphic file you want to print, but it only gives you the option of assigning 4 colors - one for each pen. While it does allow you to "skip" a color and leave it white (or "blank", since a real plotter would have white paper), it doesn't use white as a de facto 5th available color. For instance, my original AtariArtist file used a brown color for the land, and a dithered brown-ish color for the solar panel on the satellite. It would have been nice to be able to specify that last unused "pen" color to use in some way.

But if wishes were wings, pigs could fly. :) I still think the output looked pretty good even with only 3 simulated pen colors + white (blank) in use.

This is oddly enough, what the GRANTIC output is for. It takes the output of PRANTIC and outputs a full 256 color image. :) @jeffpiep can explain a bit better.

-Thom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tschak909 said:

This is oddly enough, what the GRANTIC output is for. It takes the output of PRANTIC and outputs a full 256 color image. :) @jeffpiep can explain a bit better.

-Thom

It may be the two (really good, fairly strong) pints of craft beer I've had tonight, but you might as well be speaking a Dr. Seuss made up rhyming language here ... :) 

Just now, DrVenkman said:

It may be the two (really good, fairly strong) pints of craft beer I've had tonight, but you might as well be speaking a Dr. Seuss made up rhyming language here ... :) 

@ClausB==Dr. Seuss! He sent me his source code to post, too. I should get that out there. 

See this post for instructions and a demo ATR:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeffpiep said:

@ClausB==Dr. Seuss! He sent me his source code to post, too. I should get that out there. 

See this post for instructions and a demo ATR:

Excellent! I'll have to read this tomorrow, sans the (really good, really strong) craft beer. Hopefully I'll actually remember to do that tomorrow. ? 

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to use right carts in single cart slot machines, I'd try Magic Dump II.

I'm looking for a program with a ui or command line that will just dump a picture file to the printer, not something that requires being resident that I can hit a button and print the screen (though that would be nice), SDX compatibility would be lovely, supporting custom screen modes would be awesome, being able to print a rastaconverter image would be amazing. Ideally it should be able to print horizontal or vertical (bigger pictures) in mono or colour.

I had something like that (just for atariartist pictures) back in the day and I can't remember what it was, It almost certainly came from the Page 6 PD library but I can't find it in my searches through their website, I wish the descriptions were all in one place for searching rather than one disk one page.

10 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

It almost certainly came from the Page 6 PD library but I can't find it in my searches through their website, I wish the descriptions were all in one place for searching rather than one disk one page.

You probably already know this, you can search domains and subdomains with the googles: 

print site:www.page6.org/pd_lib

...yields 42 results for me. Not sure what keywords are needed for what you are looking for

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

You probably already know this, you can search domains and subdomains with the googles:

I knew that, use it for AA all the time, never made the cognitive leap to use it for Page6 :S Thanks!

Interesting... If I search

screen dump site:www.page6.org/pd_lib

I get 5 hits... none of which are http://www.page6.org/pd_lib/standard/pd_003.htm

1617551945_Screenshot2020-08-08at09_02_47.thumb.png.112d5605567c215c82cd8853457a9c3b.png

I wonder if their .htaccess is telling bots not to index the pages or something.

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

I knew that, use it for AA all the time, never made the cognitive leap to use it for Page6 :S Thanks!

If you find a utility that works for AtariArtist files, please let me know. :)

For what it’s worth, if I do site:www.page6.org/pd_lib "print" I get 42 results. 

EDIT: This one might be useful:

http://www.page6.org/pd_lib/special/pd_ds084.htm

A disk of utilities for printer owners, primarily for Epson compatibles but including utilities that will work on NEC and others. The main program Is a new 'device' to control your print output known as G:. With the G: device booted up your Epson or Star compatible printer will come alive by simply printing to G: rather than P. The new device will list exactly what you seen on screen in single or double width using whatever font is showing on screen at the time. It will also do screen dumps via XIO commands and can be used with your own Basic programs. There are a number of programs included to show what can be done. OMNIPRINT will dump Koala or Touch Tablet pictures, either compressed or otherwise with several options whilst GPLUS enables you to use those pictures to create your own greetings cards. Another picture dump that works with several printers is SIDEPRINT which dumps Micropainter, Koala, Fun With Art or Strip Poker pictures sideways on your printer giving much bigger printouts than usual. Other utilities include a program to print any text file in two columns for neat output, a disk envelope printer that prints a directory and a template that you can cut out and glue together for custom envelopes and two other directory printers for the Epson. Finally there is an Epson based 'typewriter' that will enable you to use your keyboard as a standard typewriter, printing line by line as you hit return.”

New firmware update is available. Changes to Okimate printer and new Timezone setting via web UI.

This update implements some undocumented behavior of line advance which can be executed during graphics mode. It fixes a mistake made by the manual in the horizontal tab command format. Now I can print the black and white demo page in D:LEARN

printout-19.pdf

tz.png.10f8316d38275f5c2b405d7d6d73cca2.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

These last couple updates are the first ones to not work with the older Wroom boards.

When I upload file system image, i get error

SPIFFS_write error(-100001):file system is full

error adding file!

error for adding content from www!

Yep, it happened to me. It still works but there no space to store wifi password, tnfs server addresses, etc. I guess by eliminating some non essential files from the spiffs system image it should work again. 

Edited by manterola
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:26 AM, DrVenkman said:

So using GRANTIC/PRANTIC is non-obvious to me, at least for printing out AtariArtist files, or those from other illustration and art programs. 

It is in Atari OBJ format, loading at $2000 and setting MEMLO to protect itself. From BASIC, call it with USR(8192). From DOS, call it at $2001. Modify the source code above to load at another address, or to monitor key presses.

13 hours ago, mozzwald said:

New firmware update is available. ... new Timezone setting via web UI.

tz.png.10f8316d38275f5c2b405d7d6d73cca2.png

What's the point of setting the time for FujiNet? And for that matter, is there supposed to be a dropdown with timezones or are we supposed to enter text? Personally, I can't ever recall how many hours I am minus-GMT because of stupid DST ... 

2 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

What's the point of setting the time for FujiNet? And for that matter, is there supposed to be a dropdown with timezones or are we supposed to enter text? Personally, I can't ever recall how many hours I am minus-GMT because of stupid DST ... 

It provides correct time e.g. in SpartaDOS. #FujiNet will respond to APE Time device requests with a time pulled from an NTP server.

The text field is preliminary, and will be replaced with a better drop-down, but e.g. it accepts TZINFO identifiers.

* EST5EDT for Eastern

* CST6CDT for Central

* MST7MDT for Mountain

* PST8PDT for Pacific.

These identifiers take DST into account.

WIN_20200808_20_09_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.5eb17b58662c9f0262fceec8f6011901.jpg

It is one of those "why not?" features. :)

-Thom

• Like 3