2 hours ago, gienekk said:

So, what's the "B" button for? :)

From the Wiki:

• Button A (Left)
    • Short press: disk swap
    • Long press: enable/disable SIO2BT mode
  • Button B (Middle left)
    • Short press: print debug info to serial console
    • Long press: Safe reset (unmount SD card then reboot)
    • Hold during power up to reset FujiNet config
  • Hard Reset Button (Right)

• Like 3

So in normal usage you'd only really ever use Button A?

I don't think I've ever needed to reset my Fujinets, power off is all the reset I ever usually need.

It would be nice if there was a way to hit a button then reset on the atari to get back to the menu.

33 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

So in normal usage you'd only really ever use Button A?

I don't think I've ever needed to reset my Fujinets, power off is all the reset I ever usually need.

It would be nice if there was a way to hit a button then reset on the atari to get back to the menu.

FN doesn't have the kind of hardware control over the Atari that cartridge-based additions do, so what you're describing isn't really possible.

"Safe reset" (AKA "shutdown and restart") using a long press on button B is a good practice to get into if you ever start opening ATRs in read/write mode. If you simply turn off the FN, it doesn't have the opportunity to properly close ATRs in read/write mode, which might lead to corruption or loss of recently written data. Same as turning off any modern computer without performing a proper shutdown.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Is there a simple way to access and download stuff (ATRs, XEXs) available on TNFS servers under PC?

You need a PC TNFS client. I'm not aware of one that exists. I've been meaning to write one, but just haven't had the time. It's a simple enough project that really anyone should be able to take on.  There's both decent documentation and sample code in the Spectranet project that TNFS comes from.

Edited by jamm
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Is there a simple way to access and download stuff (ATRs, XEXs) available on TNFS servers under PC?

@jamm's idea is the best. Meanwhile, I've had a script up and running at https://fujinet.online/tnfs-data for some time now. It allows browsing the dirs and downloading the files if there happens to be something you want from there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jacques said:

That's exactly what I needed do avoid FujiNet-SIO2PC copying, thank you @mozzwald :)
Would be cool if other TNFS-resources could be available via www, too.

You could also do a disk copy from any tnfs server to your own server or sd card, no need for sio2anything. All you need is FujiNet ?

• Thanks 1

Doesn't creating a PC client or enabling download from the www just turn all tnfsd servers into file shares? At that point you may as well just zip the entire server and upload it here for anyone who wants it and we can all go back to exclusively offline storage.

My server now has a status page with top 10 files, updated directories, latest file mounts etc. on it. Spending hours organising and uploading stuff for people to enjoy loses a lot of its appeal if each visitor visits once, downloads everything and never comes back again.

• Like 1

So, a status report from my end:

I spent the last 48 hours making the other 15 minutes of video, to give a fundamental overview of #FujiNet for the upcoming VCF East, next week. Since I did everything live in OBS, I ultimately had to re-record the material 39 times, to account for everything from crashes from my 1200XL, to unexplained bugs in OBS, to complete and utter mistakes, bombs, and flubs on my part while recording. Trying to maintain enthusiasm over a constant 48 hour period, while also trying to maintain my voice, proved to be most exhausting.

(no, I won't go into why I have abandoned using editing software, there's way too much baggage there to explain.)

I will release the videos on my channel after they have been shown at VCF East.

So for now?

Since I need to re-think some bits on how to properly place ships in Battleship, I am cracking my fingers, and proceeding on a long overdue rewrite of the Network (N:) firmware, that needs to happen, now that the use cases and patterns are more clear. I have accrued a lot of technical debt there, that I need to clean up.

-Thom

• Like 3

Hi All,

I am starting to develop some documentation/user guide for the #FujiNet and would love you ideas, suggestions, general thoughts, etc. on what should be included.  I want to have it simple to understand for the new users, as well a technical for advanced uses. Of course this will be a living document as features get added/changed.  So would love all of your input. 

Thanks,

Gavin

1 minute ago, Gavin1968 said:

Hi All,

I am starting to develop some documentation/user guide for the #FujiNet and would love you ideas, suggestions, general thoughts, etc. on what should be included.  I want to have it simple to understand for the new users, as well a technical for advanced uses. Of course this will be a living document as features get added/changed.  So would love all of your input. 

Thanks,

Gavin

Here's a good start:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

Why not just update the fujinet wiki on github?

I think people would also like a PDF document they can use, especially the not so technical type of people.  But yes, I would be happy to update the Wiki as well when I find things that should be documented or changed.  Good idea! 

• Like 4