IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

*deep-breath* *trying-not-to-get-annoyed*

If you actually READ the manual I prepared:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Using-SAM-(Voice-Synthesizer)

You'd see that there is a SING mode, which relaxes the inflection rules to flatten them out, and therefore be wholly cued by the pitch adjustments in phonemes, and therefore make it easier to sing.

-Thom

• Like 3

So mine finally arrived and I'm not sure if my issues are valid or not.

I've had to restart the fujinet four times in the brief time I've been trying to use it. Two of those times it was while using it as a modem in a terminal program. I could still get to the menus in BobTerm, but the fujinet was just locked up mid-connection. Unfortunately I already forgot the circumstances around the other two times and will have to make notes if it happens again. Could these be just from bugs still present in the firmware or should I be concerned about the build of this particular unit?

This may have already come up in one of these 72 pages in this thread, but I notice you can't DELETE back out of a site that you browse into (would be nice).. When you have only one image loaded, I would think that the A button would eject the image and let you reset back into the Fujinet's menu (would be nice), but I guess it tries to move on to the next image. Also I don't find an identifier of currently installed firmware version (would be nice).

2 minutes ago, phigan said:

So mine finally arrived and I'm not sure if my issues are valid or not.

I've had to restart the fujinet four times in the brief time I've been trying to use it. Two of those times it was while using it as a modem in a terminal program. I could still get to the menus in BobTerm, but the fujinet was just locked up mid-connection. Unfortunately I already forgot the circumstances around the other two times and will have to make notes if it happens again. Could these be just from bugs still present in the firmware or should I be concerned about the build of this particular unit?

This may have already come up in one of these 72 pages in this thread, but I notice you can't DELETE back out of a site that you browse into (would be nice).. When you have only one image loaded, I would think that the A button would eject the image and let you reset back into the Fujinet's menu (would be nice), but I guess it tries to move on to the next image. Also I don't find an identifier of currently installed firmware version (would be nice).

Hi there!

You should download the flasher utility from: https://fujinet.online/download/ and let it download and flash your unit over USB (be sure to connect it to your PC)

You can go to the web admin (http://fujinet/ by default) to see the current version, I need to put this into config (or did I? I can't remember, look in [C]onfiguration)

To get back out of the directory browser, press ESC.

There are lots of bugs, don't feel shy in mentioning them, if they're duplicates, we'll mention so, and up the priority on them. :)

-Thom

I was just curious - some statistics (generated by cloc tool):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language                     files          blank        comment           code
C++                             73           3539           3247          20143
C/C++ Header                    83           1115           1058           4397
C                                5            506           1149           2225
Markdown                         4            388              0            943
HTML                             1              1              0            340
JavaScript                       3             25              0            112
JSON                             2              0              0             94
Python                           1             12              2             43
INI                              1              4             26             24
CSS                              1              0              0             10
CMake                            2              2              2              5
YAML                             1              6             61              0
SUM:                           177           5598           5545          28336

#Fujinet has almost 30K lines of code !!! (not counting Atari code, etc.)

Edited by TheMontezuma
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Allan said:

@tschak909

So with SSH, does that mean I will be able to send an encrypted file from my 800XL and send it to another Atari that only they can see and use? Just trying to figure out what a SSH capable FujiNet would possible be able to do.

In theory, yes.  However, ssh by itself doesn't encrypt the file: what it encrypts is the network connection between the two machines.  Unless you encrypt the file before sending it, it's still going to be sent unencrypted - but over an encrypted channel.

This is a huge plus for connections that run over the Internet, since there's no guaranteeing that they won't be intercepted and / or altered in transit without encrypting them.  Still a good idea to be doing this on your home network if feasible, though.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Allan said:

@tschak909

So with SSH, does that mean I will be able to send an encrypted file from my 800XL and send it to another Atari that only they can see and use? Just trying to figure out what a SSH capable FujiNet would possible be able to do.

@Allan initially the plan is for an SSH client, so that you can connect to hosts running an SSH server ,either for remote terminal use, or for copying files to the host. The code I have does have an SSH server as part of it, will have to see what needs to be implemented so SCP/SSH can be implemented. The issue being that SSH requires a server at the endpoint. (Servers ARE possible, the TCP protocol adapter goes into server mode if you do not specify a hostname in the devicespec, you can then listen for connection attempts, and accept a connection after that point)

-Thom

• Like 1