IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

Got my #FujiNet last week. Today, I set up my Incognito 800 and plugged it into it. It's amazing! Really exactly what the Atari needed. This really changes how you can use your computer. Very impressive!

Thanks for working so hard to make such an amazing addition.

• Like 5

Thank you for the self explainatory video.  However you are making key presses and I don't know which keys are being pressed.  But something weird has just happened to my FujiNet: The top menu selection has an item that states, "Fujinet.atari8bit.net" that I select to get to the COMMS software.  After viewing this video I turned on my Atari and selected said entry and I only got a load of "Mr Robert and His Factory" all the way down the page.  Was it something on your end that caused this. BTW I flashed my FujiNet device yesterday and it seemed to be working just fine.  So to recap; Still can't get onto any BBS and now the menu structure is haywire.

Thanks,

Fred Olivas

56 minutes ago, Fred Olivas said:

, "Fujinet.atari8bit.net" that I select to get to the COMMS software.  After viewing this video I turned on my Atari and selected said entry and I only got a load of "Mr Robert and His Factory" all the way down the page. 

That would be me. My server is down at the moment while I refactor the software on it, the mr robots are there so I can check the server is at least working. 

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

That would be me. My server is down at the moment while I refactor the software on it, the mr robots are there so I can check the server is at least working. 

Thank you for clairfying this.  I didn't know that when selecting on the upper menu, it went to an online site.  Amazing!  I am very impressed with FujiNet and all of it's possibilities.  Am very new to this and quite enthusiastic.  I didn't mean to irk the gentleman above.  That was not my intention.  I have asked on many other sites where I can get guidance and info on using FujiNet successfully.  Not one person has suggested a "start here" site which tells me that it's so new, no one has offered any type of manual.  The only exception is Thom Cherryhomes with his in depth YouTube videos, which is where I first heard of this amazing device.  I've replicated his moves exactly as he presented them in regards to getting into a BBS and I've failed each and every time.  It just doesn't work for me and I don't know why and I don't know how to get help.  That is my situation.  Otherwise I pretty much love FujiNet and wish to continue to learn how to use it even if it's just me and those willing to impart their wisdom upon me.

Long live Atari,

Fred Olivas

40 minutes ago, Fred Olivas said:

I didn't mean to irk the gentleman above.

Don't worry about @tschak909 his bark is worse than his bite :)

The only exception is Thom Cherryhomes with his in depth YouTube videos, which is where I first heard of this amazing device.

That would be the gentleman above ;)

Thom is the primary developer and project lead for Fujinet. 

I didn't know that when selecting on the upper menu, it went to an online site.

The top menu is for known sites. One of those sites, if you name it SD, will look at the SD card in your Fujinet, all the rest will be online sites. Fujinet.Online is @mozzwalds, atari-apps.irata.online is @tschak909s fujinet.atari8bit.net is mine, Fujinet.pl is @bocianus and the newest one to arrive is langesite.com which belongs to @Bill Lange more will start popping up as more people get Fujinets.

My server is back online now, it looks like I need to write something to sort out my stats page, I can't rely on the logfiles, they don't last long enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

I was just thinking it's about time Fujinet got its own subforum, especially if RespeQT can have one, there is far more chatter for Fujinet now. 

I agree ? . And because of all the activity, it tends to keep pushing other stuff very quickly off the first page.

• Like 4

New firmware build available at fujinet.online. Notable changes include

• Joystick support in fnCONFIG
  • Initial cassette support for CSAVE & CLOAD. 'test.cas' must be on SD card and tape can be turned on/off with Button B. Requires 10K pull down on FujiNet v1.0. All first batch FujiNets from fujinet.online do NOT have this resistor. Other vendors boards should have them.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Fierodoug5 said:

I made a video I call Fujinet for Dummies that just shows some simple setup of the unit and some of what Fujinet can do for the people just getting their units, or those on the fence on if they want/need it. Hope it is helpful to some. 

Hi there. Just saw your video which I sorely needed for us enthusiastic newbies. Two things I need to point out that didn't work on my FujuNet. 1. Tried to create a New disk in empty drive slot. There is no [N]ew button anywhere to be found on any screen within the FujiNet device. I updated the firmware yesterday so perhaps this option was removed. 2. I own and use an SDive Max but when plugged into the SIO port on the back of FujjNet, it never boots. Curious.  One last request: Can you make a video on how to log into a BBS?  I like to learn how. I've tried to after viewing several other videos but critical steps were ommitted (implied?) as I could hear key clicks but what was being pressed was never mentioned so it never worked. Thank you very much for helping us new folks understand and use their FujiNet devices. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FreddieBear said:

Hi there. Just saw your video which I sorely needed for us enthusiastic newbies. Two things I need to point out that didn't work on my FujuNet. 1. Tried to create a New disk in empty drive slot. There is no [N]ew button anywhere to be found on any screen within the FujiNet device. I updated the firmware yesterday so perhaps this option was removed. 2. I own and use an SDive Max but when plugged into the SIO port on the back of FujjNet, it never boots. Curious.  One last request: Can you make a video on how to log into a BBS?  I like to learn how. I've tried to after viewing several other videos but critical steps were ommitted (implied?) as I could hear key clicks but what was being pressed was never mentioned so it never worked. Thank you very much for helping us new folks understand and use their FujiNet devices. 

You can see the [N]ew option, here, after you've selected a host slot: :)

image.thumb.png.7e8d0ea304b7975bf4db6cf8b72cc9c8.png

#Atari8bit #FujiNet I am spending part of today updating the fnc-tools.atr, and all of the DOS disks in the FujiNet-sd-card repo to have the last known working NDEV.COM N: device handler.

There will also be RDEV.COM for R:, and APETIME.COM for the NTP support.

This will hopefully hold people over until I finish re-writing the N: device.

-Thom

• Like 2