IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

37 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

I am genuinely confused, and I think you are very much making things 50 times harder than you should be. You have a FujiNet, Why do you need the SIO2PC at all in this scenario? Just move the images over to the SD card. done. :)

-Thom

I'll be the first to admit that I may very well be overthinking the scenario - it wouldn't be the first time ?

There are a couple of things that weren't mentioned in the original post: first, that the plan is to have one FujiNet per A8; second, that I'm planning on running TNFSD on the existing fileserver.  In order to keep the software library synchronised between A8s, I'd prefer to run them without individual SD cards and just have them mount TNFS shares in order to access disk images, etc.  This is effectively equivalent to how we use certain things already (e.g., emulators) in order to keep things sane across multiple machines.

As for the SIO2PC, I'm not aware of a way to connect a non-SIO physical POTS modem to the FujiNet; the SIO2PC was going to effectively be the glue to make that happen.  I'd be happy to be wrong in my understanding of this, however :D

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1

The FujiNet is a really device. The are some interesting images on various sites. I’ve managed to copy the modem software from one of the TNSF servers to a 5.25 floppy (why? just because) using DOS.

However, there are other images that aren’t standard size (floppy disk) so not easily copied. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to copy these non-standard images to the local FujiNet SD card?

1 minute ago, vazquezrick said:

The FujiNet is a really device. The are some interesting images on various sites. I’ve managed to copy the modem software from one of the TNSF servers to a 5.25 floppy (why? just because) using DOS.

However, there are other images that aren’t standard size (floppy disk) so not easily copied. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to copy these non-standard images to the local FujiNet SD card?

Use the tnfs_client.py program here to get the file, you can then copy to the card: 

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/spectranet-tnfs-fuse

-Thom

A new firmware update is available at https://fujinet.online/download.

Notable new features:

• Ability to save application configuration information on SD card (Device $70, SIO commands $DB-$DE) for use by developers writing new Atari applications. Used by the latest weather app from @bocianu
  • Modem Sniffer 

I have started a new thread where I will post this information from now on so that you may subscribe and get notifications when updates are available:

Edited by mozzwald
new thread info
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

#Atari8bit With the latest firmware update, #FujiNet now allows you to log WiFi modem traffic to a file that can be picked up in the web admin, such could be used for protocol analysis.

Nice!  Just watched the video; it didn't mention if pcap format was also an option (or planned one).  Is it / will it be supported?

8 hours ago, tschak909 said:

The FCD tool is somewhat broken, and it's because I need to find a way to make it work that interacts cleanly with the existing firmware. I do not recommend using it at this time.

The documentation got to be too big (approaching 64 file limit), so it was split off into its own ATR fnc-tools-doc.atr, which you can find on the atari-apps.irata.online TNFS server.

Something to note, this entire project is evolving rapidly, so things like outdated documentation and some tools not working are a consequence. We are trying to get everything up to speed as best we can, and can always use some help. This is why everything is open source in this project.

Also, yes, the time.com tool in fnc-tools.atr uses the APE TIME protocol to send a time-stamp to the Atari, synchronized from NTP.

-Thom

Thanks. APETIME works great. BTW, the doc atr only contained the com files when I mounted it.

12 hours ago, tschak909 said:

#Atari8bit #FujiNet - Testing @jeffpiep's cassette support, one title at a time, most things work, still some outliers, we will analyze what doesn't work

Check the .cas files in fujinet.us.to  I put some "exotic" cassette loaders there, most of them work with AVGCart cassette emulation.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, tschak909 said:

I'd rather not, that's valuable UI feedback.

-Thom

When browsing through dozens of files keyclick sound is annoying.

For example, Side2/3 multicart lets you disable it, AVGCart doesn't have it.

If possible, it would be nice to add an option to disable that sound. Please... Thank you!

• Like 3

I have been away for a while, and am just starting to learn about this incredible device. 

I have watched a couple vids about it. And really like its capabilities! 

My Atari daily driver is a Atarimax 1200XL with a 32-in-1 OS selector.  Is the new device compatible with the 32-in-1? I did a few quick searchers and did not see any results about this particular topic. Though I may have missed something in my recent absence. (in the middle of a house remodel)

Sorry for interrupting the above conversation. 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, tschak909 said:

@Mark Simonson where did you see that link? this is to the old TNFS server. We had to make a change to the TNFS protocol to improve performance, and you can get a copy of the tnfsd here: https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/spectranet/releases/tag/TNFSD-2020-10-19

-Thom

TNFS GitHub software for Windows7 32 bit doesn't work. My PC refuses to run it even as Administrator.