IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

Please, do not block me, if I am on the wrong forum page for FujiNet. The "Support-FujiNet" link directed me here from https://fujinet.online/support/.

My question is: Why the Fujinet-flasher is not able to find COM - port on my Desktop PC with W'7 if it can recognize it without problems on small Cube-PC with W'7?

Also, it is not working on Laptop with W'10. I tried lots of system settings (like Administrator), without results.

My next question is: I am receiving notification from AtariAge about ubdates. I can see new features there, using PC to organize my setups for ATARI (?)

How can I get there? It is nice to see it, but no link to access to that pages. Is somewhere a link for it? Why it is not in the e-mail notification?

Thanks,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

So per @mozzwald's most recent update in the Firmware Updates thread, the webui should have something like this pane visible:

image.thumb.png.c6015b5d51161e5547db09111949db31.png

I updated the FujiNet daughterboard for my 576NUC+ beta machine and see nothing like that visible. Was this update pulled?

EDIT: Please disregard. For some reason I thought this was a simple toggle. I had missed the addition of the Host list and the ability to mount disk images to slots without needing to use the Atari. Fantastic. :)

3 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I updated the FujiNet daughterboard for my 576NUC+ beta machine and see nothing like that visible. Was this update pulled?

yes, it's in the latest firmware from https://fujinet.online/download/ :

[6a79fbb7] webui: option to mount read or r/w

I assume you are following the correct process to mount an image thru the web ui? you won't see that until you select an image to mount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozzwald said:

yes, it's in the latest firmware from https://fujinet.online/download/ :

[6a79fbb7] webui: option to mount read or r/w

I assume you are following the correct process to mount an image thru the web ui? you won't see that until you select an image to mount.

Yeah you must've been replying as I was editing my post. :)

• Like 1

I was asked for it, and here it is :)

TTR 0.1 for R1: (aka Trub Terminal R) is ready for testing at trub.atari8.info/cpm/TTR.ZIP

It is in fact a converted TT with the Indus CP/M routines removed and using CIO (via RS232 R1: driver) instead of the Indus-specific protocol.

Remarks:

- requires S_VBXE.SYS (or RC_GR8.SYS) for 80-column display

- Lear Sieger ADM-31 terminal emulation (as in Commodore 128, Kaypro and other CP/M systems)
- 9600bps communication speed (currently fixed)

- can also be used with Atari 850 (presumably PR: connection too) to communicate with other devices (apart from FujiNET)

Usage:
1. Connect the device (FujiNET, Atari 850) to the SIO port (preferably disconnect the others).
2. Install the R1: device driver (preferably RS232.COM for SpartaDOS X).
3. Launch TTR.
4. (FujiNET) Write ATCPM <Return> to run the built-in CP/M.
5. (FujiNET) Execute EXIT command to shut down CP/M before closing the terminal.
6. Full-screen software e.g. WordStart, Turbo Pascal, etc. should be configured
   for ADM-31 (or ADM-3A) terminal to get full benefit from the terminal.

7. Back to DOS: Ctrl + Shift Q
8. (VBXE) Adjust font colors (Ctrl + Shift -,=) and background (Ctrl + Shift 9,0), e.g. you may have pink fonts like in C128 CP/M ;)
9. (VBXE) Save color settings in the configuration file with Ctrl + Shift S

Let me know in case of problems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Shit - I was all excited to try that this weekend then I remembered currently my only FujiNet is in a non-VBXE machine. 

You can still have some excitement

SDX -    RC_GR8.SYS for 80-column display

the fujinet is normally a moveable device but if yours isn't well maybe a mod to block power pass through and use longer sio cord to grab the fuji where it sits... :)

27 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

You can still have some excitement

SDX -    RC_GR8.SYS for 80-column display

the fujinet is normally a moveable device but if yours isn't well maybe a mod to block power pass through and use longer sio cord to grab the fuji where it sits... :)

Nope - this is an internal one I am testing for my 576NUC.  I'm definitely going to be getting a standard removable one for my other machines.  Like most things Atari - this is too good to just have one!

• Like 1

@trub the #FujiNet can be shifted directly into CP/M, easily with the following SIO command:

DDEVIC = $5A ('Z')
DUNIT  = 1
DCOMND = $47 ('G') (for GO)
DSTATS = $00 (No payload)
DBUF   = $00 (no buffer)
DTIMLO = $0F (default timeout)
DBYT   = $00 (no payload)
DAUX1  = $00
DAUX2  = $F0  ($F000 = Z80 address of boot ROM, not used by FujiNet.)

Then call SIOV ($E459)

Once this is done, you can immediately set the serial port to 9600 baud and install a stream mode interrupt handler (a la concurrent or STREAM mode)

I also intend to make an N:CPM:/// protocol device, which will do the same thing for N:

-Thom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trub said:

8. (VBXE) Adjust font colors (Ctrl + Shift -,=) and background (Ctrl + Shift 9,0), e.g. you may have pink fonts like in C128 CP/M

Okay so this very well may come down to user-error or specifics of my use case, which I will detail below, but while I *can* change the background color, I seem to be unable to change the foreground color for fonts using the specified key combinations.

My use case is a VBXE using the S_VBXE.SYS driver. The VBXE is installed in my beta board for @mytek's 1088XLD. The only reason that may be significant is that the XLD uses a PS/2 keyboard and TKII microcontroller-based interface to translate PS/2 to standard POKEY keyboard scan codes. So it's possible, I guess (?), that Ctrl + Shift - and Ctrl + Shift = don't equate to the same keys on the PS/2 keyboard. But since those keys themselves work and do show up properly in any other Atari program, I don't think that can be it.

Anyway, I have a correctly-formatted screen to play around with in CP/M now, and for that I thank you!

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Okay so this very well may come down to user-error or specifics of my use case, which I will detail below, but while I *can* change the background color, I seem to be unable to change the foreground color for fonts using the specified key combinations.

My use case is a VBXE using the S_VBXE.SYS driver. The VBXE is installed in my beta board for @mytek's 1088XLD. The only reason that may be significant is that the XLD uses a PS/2 keyboard and TKII microcontroller-based interface to translate PS/2 to standard POKEY keyboard scan codes. So it's possible, I guess (?), that Ctrl + Shift - and Ctrl + Shift = don't equate to the same keys on the PS/2 keyboard. But since those keys themselves work and do show up properly in any other Atari program, I don't think that can be it.

Anyway, I have a correctly-formatted screen to play around with in CP/M now, and for that I thank you!

If it isn't a bug with @trub 's TTR and works on real machines- that would leave it with some work to do in @mytek 's TKII so it does as the real machines do- unless it's the actual keyboard you are using... I've had ps2 keyboards that didn't work with some x86 games and app, they couldn't do certain key combinations while others did so just fine.

Can others verify which is the case as I've no VBXE/TKII combo

Edited by _The Doctor__

@tschak909I am aware of this SIO command and already tried it :)

However, for now I want to keep the TTR generic. Perhaps I will add a command line switch invoking CP/M for FujiNet/ATR8000.

@DrVenkman By holding the keys (e.g. Ctrl+Shift =, apparently on the real hw) you may cycle thorough different colors. For example, one may get an amber-like dumb terminal feeling :)

I had some problems with configuring the WS 4.0 supplied in the Big RunCPM ZIP. So I downloaded another copy and then it was able to configure it for ADM-31. There were no problems with WS 3 tough.

ttr_amber.jpg

Edited by trub
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, very odd that I can’t get those two key combos to work. The minus and equal keys work fine as do the combos for background color. I’ve pinged Michael to see if he has any input regarding TKII key code translation that may be in play with the shift and control keys. I guess I can also try software 80-column mode later on my Incognito 800 or 1200XL+U1MB. 

Anyway, thanks again for this! :) 

7 hours ago, trub said:

@DrVenkman By holding the keys (e.g. Ctrl+Shift =, apparently on the real hw) you may cycle thorough different colors. For example, one may get an amber-like dumb terminal feeling :)

I had some problems with configuring the WS 4.0 supplied in the Big RunCPM ZIP. So I downloaded another copy and then it was able to configure it for ADM-31. There were no problems with WS 3 tough.

I think the problem has to do with the description being used of the symbols and not the Arrows on those keys. Basically anytime you press CTRL in combination with a key that has an Arrow on it, that key in essence becomes an Arrow key and not the other symbols that can be produced without CTRL or with SHIFT alone. So with that in mind; Using a PS/2 keyboard via TK-II you would use CTRL+SHIFT with the independent Arrow keys to produce the correct key code in the Atari.

Atari_Arrow_keys.png.fadfd1c8ad46fc8b4e978aa653d43f50.png

So what is described as CTRL+SHIFT - is actually CTRL+SHIFT Up Arrow -and- CTRL+SHIFT = is actually CTRL+SHIFT Down Arrow on the PS/2 keyboard.

13 minutes ago, mytek said:

So what is described as CTRL+SHIFT - is actually CTRL+SHIFT Up Arrow -and- CTRL+SHIFT = is actually CTRL+SHIFT Down Arrow on the PS/2 keyboard.

Unfortunately, the suggested CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow doesn't seem to register at all, and CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow acts as a carriage return, at least when the FujiNet has been shifted into CP/M mode. This is consistent no matter whether the TKII firmware is set to NAV or SYM mode.

Before putting the FujiNet into CP/M mode, opening the terminal and typing, for instance, AT? to list the FujiNet AT commands, CTRL+SHIFT+Up arrow moves the cursor up, but CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow seems to do nothing. In TKII SYM mode, you get similar behavior (because you're pressing the CTRL key as part of the combo).

In any case, I wonder if @trub might consider changing the font color control to a different key combo to sidestep this issue with the TKII? I would suggest SHIFT+CONTROL+7 and 8 or 1 and 2, or anything else except a key that shares cursor control commands.

56 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Unfortunately, the suggested CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow doesn't seem to register at all, and CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow acts as a carriage return, at least when the FujiNet has been shifted into CP/M mode. This is consistent no matter whether the TKII firmware is set to NAV or SYM mode.

Before putting the FujiNet into CP/M mode, opening the terminal and typing, for instance, AT? to list the FujiNet AT commands, CTRL+SHIFT+Up arrow moves the cursor up, but CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow seems to do nothing. In TKII SYM mode, you get similar behavior (because you're pressing the CTRL key as part of the

combo).

DrVenkman is correct - The CTRL+SHIFT+Arrows, as well as the CTRL+SHIFT+Insert keys are not returning the correct key codes. Looks to be missing the SHIFT key aspect in combination with CTRL for these keys. I don't know how long this has been a problem, but it's the same in V2.4, V2.5J, and in the 576NUC+ version as well. Could have existed from the beginning of time for all I know - not a key combo that I've ever needed for any program.

56 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

In any case, I wonder if @trub might consider changing the font color control to a different key combo to sidestep this issue with the TKII? I would suggest SHIFT+CONTROL+7 and 8 or 1 and 2, or anything else except a key that shares cursor control commands.

I will be fixing this today in the TK-II firmware, but for those that have a previous iteration it's going to be an issue unless they can update the firmware.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good news! Michael provided a revised TKII firmware file that corrects the CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow key codes and now I can set the terminal font color properly. Fantastic! This lets TKII-equipped machines and computers like the 1088XEL/XLD and upcoming 576NUC+ to send the correct keycodes to change font colors.

For reference, as Michael notes, for a TKII-equipped computer running a PS/2 keyboard, use CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow and CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow to change font colors. :)

9D750539-ADE9-409C-8BEA-AB12224C3581.jpeg

D000558B-16B2-4FB6-81FA-D64091EF17D1.jpeg

Edited by DrVenkman
Add pics
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Good news! Michael provided a revised TKII firmware file that corrects the CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow key codes and now I can set the terminal font color properly. Fantastic! This lets TKII-equipped machines and computers like the 1088XEL/XLD and upcoming 576NUC+ to send the correct keycodes to change font colors.

For reference, as Michael notes, for a TKII-equipped computer running a PS/2 keyboard, use CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow and CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow to change font colors. :)

Looking good ?

I'll try to get the updated firmware as a download on my website within the next couple of days once I'm sure I haven't created a bug elsewhere.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, DrVenkman said:

Michael provided a revised TKII firmware file that corrects the CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow key codes and now I can set the terminal font color properly. Fantastic! This lets TKII-equipped machines and computers like the 1088XEL/XLD and upcoming 576NUC+ to send the correct keycodes to change font colors.

For reference, as Michael notes, for a TKII-equipped computer running a PS/2 keyboard, use CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow and CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow to change font colors.

Today I was able to get the new versions of TK-II firmware uploaded that sends the correct CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow key codes. I also repackaged the zipped files for the 1088XEL and 1088XLD compilations to include these new versions as well.

Here's a link to the where the firmware can be downloaded from: https://ataribits.weebly.com/tk-ii.html

• Like 3

Speaking of the TK-II... I would like to suggest a possible future FujiNet firmware update to recognize four additional key codes for directory navigation.

I believe the following currently work in FJC's Side Loader, and possibly the UNO Cart, and I know I added them to a custom TK-II Control program for the SDrive as well. It would be very nice to duplicate this functionality in the FujiNet directory structure as well. SHIFT < and SHIFT > would still do their thing, acting the same as the proposed PageUp and PageDown keys. The Home and End feature would be a new feature, essentially taking you to the very first or the very last page of the directory listing. BTW, thank you for already adding the PS/2 arrow keys a while back when I requested them ?

1287991880_TK-IIControl.png.9faf074fd7530dbb89872a383e9788e6.png

Here are the Non-CTRL'ed and Non-SHIFTED key codes created by the PS/2 nav keys.

tk-ii-nav-key-codes_orig.png.2f8d677efa333d4bcbc681139def6553.png

To make this easier for you developers, I would be willing to donate two fully assembled TK-II-GS boards for use with an XEGS as your test bed. I would send these to Thom, and let him determine who gets the 2nd one. Keep in mind although they are plug 'n' play, the console and reset keys won't work through the PS/2 keyboard without some serious mods on the XEGS motherboard. So the pastel buttons will still need to get used in the meantime for those functions.

tk-ii-gs-installed2_orig.jpg

Edit: If you need a PS/2 keyboard, there are plenty to be had as NOS from eBay, and with a good variety to choose from as well. I also find that these can be of a much better build quality then many of the mainstream USB ones. eBay Link

Edited by mytek
I corrected something to better express my thought
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mazzspeed said:

When you type AT? to list FujiNet commands under ICET, is there a way to pause the screen?

I only realized there was an AT? command the other day, problem is the first few commands scroll off the screen...

Ice-T has a 16KB scroll buffer using Select and option keys.

• Like 2