IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

On 10/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, Mr Robot said:

I'd love for there to still be BBS's with the same small group of like minded people sharing info and helping each other but I find I don't have much in common with the people leaving messages on the BBS's I've visited recently, it's hard to contribute something new and nothing you find there is exclusive; I've usually read it all in multiple places already.

Huh. That "same small group of like minded people sharing info" is exactly why BBS'ing continues to be a huge draw for me.

I've actually posted messages to BBS's and got faster/more accurate replies than I did from some forums...       :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Truth!  :D

Sure. Who else would give away hours/years of coding, creativity, active participation, work product, and collaboration with others as a free service? Where the user is not the product? And the criticisms which comes with it..

6 hours ago, Amis said:

Sure. Who else would give away hours/years of coding, creativity, active participation, work product, and collaboration with others as a free service? Where the user is not the product? And the criticisms which come with it..

I just can't imagine...  :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Amis said:

Sure. Who else would give away hours/years of coding, creativity, active participation, work product, and collaboration with others as a free service? Where the user is not the product? And the criticisms which come with it..

Yes, it's a thankless job.  But running a BBS is still a labor of love. :)

-JP

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

@tschak909 What WAITCALL.CMD did you use w/ Pro BBS? I have tried many. Please send it to me.

Thanks.

The standard one that comes with both 2.0 and 5.0. The problem with waitcall I suspect, is that it is improperly opening and closing concurrent mode. This works okay with PBI based storage solutions, but storage over SIO fails to work correctly because of incorrectly closing concurrent mode before attempting any serial I/O.

-Thom

• Like 1

The 'standard' waitcall should be 850 and smartmodem (hayes)... the answer appears to be you didn't do it, you used whatever someone else had set up and it worked for the video... so that leaves everyone else to guess which one happened to worked.

perhaps somebody will share their fujinet config, startup, batch and such stuff as well as what they used for the waitcall... saving others the frustration and duplication of effort.

of course none of that will matter if wifi devices don't forward port correctly or do not provide a true dmz when requested.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

The 'standard' waitcall should be 850 and smartmodem (hayes)... the answer appears to be you didn't do it, you used whatever someone else had set up and it worked for the video... so that leaves everyone else to guess which one happened to worked.

perhaps somebody will share their fujinet config, startup, batch and such stuff as well as what they used for the waitcall... saving others the frustration and duplication of effort.

of course none of that will matter if wifi devices don't forward port correctly or do not provide a true dmz when requested.

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed.

The version of waitcall that wound up on later versions of 5.0 does not properly handle concurrent mode. 

Of course, we never know, because none of the genetic defectives behind BBS Express! ever bothered to release source code because "Muh Moneys!"

And we get stupid problems like this.

-Thom

Edited by tschak909

You aren't listening to me. Both of you.

It's the standard waitcall. Are you running your storage from PBI (a la SIDE2/3)? Or are you trying to use storage over SIO (a la FujiNet?)

If you're doing the latter, it won't work for you. Nobody bothered to ever test it seems.

I'd love to just paste the copies of 2.0 and 5.0 that I have, but the certain thalidomide child in charge of BBS Express's copyrights would have an absolute fecal fit.

-Thom

waitcalls.zip

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1