IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

except I did, using an ATR8000 as the serial port and the the drives... for years and years, the ATR8000 handled four QUADS and the modem...

if the waitcalls are fubar now... then it's the result of later changes... perhaps the waitcalls need to be fixed/rolled back to a time before everyone running a board had hard drives... early on very few Express BBS! and PRO! boards had hard drives let alone a black box or mio...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I can see a few bytes before ATA (Ctrl-M) and some after. My initial thought was edit waitcall w/ a hex editor and move ATA (Ctrl-M) three bytes ahead. But: Those 3 bytes look like they could easily be code. It would likely crash if attempted. I may try, but I expect failure. This thing is supposed to emulate 850 / Hayes 100%, right?

Maybe it would be good for fujinet to emulate the ATR8000 handler then... better serial and SIO just have to up the drive speeds in the atr8000 firmware. and perhaps the waitcall/pro issues could of course use some work as well.

Still wondering how so many BBS Express! and PRO! boards had nothing but a memory upgrade, an 850, modem, and a stack of 1050's/percoms.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Maybe it would be good for fujinet to emulate the ATR8000 handler then... better serial and SIO just have to up the drive speeds in the atr8000 firmware.

YES! I have been harping on this for years. We have GT-Sync on Indus bit-banging using a 4Mhz. Z80. ATR-8000 has the same wonderful CPU. This should be an EASY transplant.

We even have US Doubler ROM for the Indus GT. That would be perfect in the ATR-8000 ROM. [Sorry, O/T].

Edited by Kyle22
grammar / sp

3 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I must do that downstairs at my store. I don't have a Win 10 machine upstairs.

I use XP because M$ can't $py on me here.

M$ = EVIL.

[GATES] of hell

Disgusting.

Why do you always have to hijack other people's threads instead of opening your own?

?

Also I do not understand why you are not banned with all your paranoid tinfoil shit. 

Edited by DjayBee
added quote
  • Like 2