IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

3 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello mozzwald

To be honest, this...

IMG_20200407_074257203_1.jpg

... is not gonna work.  Unless somebody just invented Wireless SIO.

So no, that didn't answer my question.

Sincerely

Mathy

Maybe you are referring to the missing pins? That is an empty case without PCB. It's just a mock-up to show what it will look like on the console. A test fit of the case.

Maybe you are looking for this information?

Hello Thom

2 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

*deep-breath* :)

@Mathy As @mozzwald said, he made an oops on the latest hardware spin, and was thus not able to wire in the other connector. So he's not releasing these guys out into the wild, we're doing another spin.

-Thom

He also mentioned that the next revision will have both a plug and a receptacle.  Unless you guys invented Wireless SIO, you will be using pins to transfer the signals from the ("next revision" via the) receptacle to the SIO device that is plugged into it.

Sincerely

Mathy

Two questions:

Why irata.online fails to load, it times out. My local tnfs server also fails, but different it kind of overflows... But fujinet.online works... 

Second, how I can change the wifi used? I remember it was a hot key of something while booting.. 

I want to see if the wifi used have some effect on this problem. Maybe is just my crappy access point. 

I've been having these problems for weeks, even before updating the firmware with platformio, from the times of anduino ide

Check this out:

Edited by manterola

@manterola holding down SELECT while booting into CONFIG will allow you to select an access point. as for irata.online, thanks, I had  lost power to the lab, and the tnfs server was down.

In fact, use atari-apps.irata.online .. this is a google cloud vm that I have set up specifically for fujinet. :)

Also, please do not put more than 16 files in a directory for the moment. :)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1

A little status report:

Some of you may have noticed that I've hinted at TLS (encrypted) support.  Yes, the ESP does TLS encryption, just fine. It works. If you provide either a certificate fingerprint to check against, OR the appropriate root certificate.

It can be made to "just work" once a certificate store has been written, the appropriate root certificates injected into it, and code which returns the correct certificate given a fingerprint.

I will work on this, when the other parts of the N: device are more complete. If someone wants to take a whack at implementing a TLS certificate store, the certificates can be found here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FujiNetWIFI/atariwifi/master/tls-root-certs/certdata.txt

• Like 1

Yesterday I finished the WROVER upgrade schematic and PCB layout. Boards have been ordered. Hopefully they arrive as quick as the last batch, and hopefully I didn't screw anything up this time ;). The new schematic is below with a couple other notable changes in addition to the WROVER module.

• Diodes have been replaced with PMEG2010ER which has a lower forward voltage (310mV @ 1A) than the previous DSS12UTR
  • Reset & Flash button circuit now uses a dual pre-biased NPN transistor for reduced part count
  • AUDIOIN fix implemented, values subject to change

fujinet-esp32_03.2.thumb.jpg.e6dbda1b69c17c918b3ac58468aa8800.jpg

All of the major components (buttons, uSD, USB, switch, SIO) are in the same location so there are minimal modifications to the case. A 3D render of the new PCB with components...

1908304377_Screenshotfrom2020-04-1510-03-52.thumb.png.64e5f100fc0145a292c4880a98954bc6.png

• Like 4

I am not very good with Platformio(Didnt have any trouble getting the last code running) 

Everytime I try to compile the new code I get these errors:

lib\sio/sio.h:6:24:fatal error: linkedlist.h: No such file or directory

[.pio\build\esp\lib8da\hardware\bluetooth.cpp.o] Error 1

10 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I am not very good with Platformio(Didnt have any trouble getting the last code running) 

Everytime I try to compile the new code I get these errors:

lib\sio/sio.h:6:24:fatal error: linkedlist.h: No such file or directory

[.pio\build\esp\lib8da\hardware\bluetooth.cpp.o] Error 1

What helped me was to invoke CLEAN first and then BUILD

• Like 1

Today I pulled in a simple WAV file library to the FujiNet code and was able to playback a sound file. I mapped the playback start to the currently unused extra button on the FrankenFuji. This short video shows both the S.A.M. speech and WAV file playback

• Like 5

Just now, Fierodoug5 said:

The build goes smooth now, no problems.

When It uploads it says success, but the board is just in a constant reset loop, and the monitor says "Spiffs Mount Failed"

So am lost. 

After you Upload the program you need to also Upload File System Image

On the N: device, With aux2 set at open, this specifies that EOL translation should be done for input and output. There are currently four values:

* 0 = No Translation
* 1 = Translate CR (0x0D) to EOL (0x9B) (Macintosh style line endings)
* 2 = Translate LF (0x0D) to EOL (0x9B) (UNIX style line endings)
* 3 = Translate CR/LF (0x0D 0x0A) to EOL (0x9B) (PC/Windows style line endings, also default Telnet NVT behavior)

This works across all protocols, and is demonstrated here by doing http GET fetch of an nginx title page:

Currently working on getting headers to work. From the user's perspective, this will be a multi-step process, where for e.g. a GET, you:

* Open the connection

* Tell the N: device you want to give it a list of headers to fetch, via an XIO
* PRINT each header you want, one at a time,
* Tell the N: device you are done giving it a list of headers, via an XIO.
* Get a STATUS, which actually does the request
* Tell thE N: device you want to get the headers, via an XIO
* INPUT each header, one at a time.
* Tell the N: device you're done with headers, via an XIO
* GET or INPUT the data.
* CLOSE

Other verbs, like POST will work similarly. You OPEN, you set your headers you want to send, specify any you want to recieve, PRINT your post data, get a STATUS which will get you the # of bytes of the response, then GET your response and CLOSE.

This is complex, yes, but it will allow for the whole of HTTP to be mapped cleanly onto the Atari I/O system.

-Thom

• Like 3