IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

On 4/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, mozzwald said:

Yesterday I finished the WROVER upgrade schematic and PCB layout. Boards have been ordered. Hopefully they arrive as quick as the last batch, and hopefully I didn't screw anything up this time ;). The new schematic is below with a couple other notable changes in addition to the WROVER module.

• Diodes have been replaced with PMEG2010ER which has a lower forward voltage (310mV @ 1A) than the previous DSS12UTR
  • Reset & Flash button circuit now uses a dual pre-biased NPN transistor for reduced part count
  • AUDIOIN fix implemented, values subject to change

fujinet-esp32_03.2.thumb.jpg.e6dbda1b69c17c918b3ac58468aa8800.jpg

All of the major components (buttons, uSD, USB, switch, SIO) are in the same location so there are minimal modifications to the case. A 3D render of the new PCB with components...

1908304377_Screenshotfrom2020-04-1510-03-52.thumb.png.64e5f100fc0145a292c4880a98954bc6.png

Hi mozzwald,

What is the specific part # of the ESP-32 module you're using?  Source?  By the looks of it it has an external antenna connector.  Is that true?

1 hour ago, Dropcheck said:

Hi mozzwald,

What is the specific part # of the ESP-32 module you're using?  Source?  By the looks of it it has an external antenna connector.  Is that true?

I am using the ESP32-WROVER-B module part # M213DH2864PH3Q0 from Mouser. It appears all the WROVER modules have pads for the IPEX connector but only ones labeled ESP32-WROVER-I come with it populated.  One could use the module with IPEX connector and make it use the internal antenna by moving the resistor (0 ohm) next to the connector (R14 populated + R15 unpopulated = IPEX Antenna; R14 unpopulated + R15 populated = PCB Antenna). 

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=esp32-wrover

12 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Yeah that was it. 

But now I get this on screen, and no wifi light

Argh!

Wifi auto connect is now disabled by default in the code so you will not see the LED until after you connect with the config program on the Atari, which you are having trouble with. Can you check the serial debug output over USB while trying to boot? Maybe there's a clue in that info.

I will not quote price yet, as we are still extending the hardware (with corresponding bump-ups in the BOM), but I estimate it will stay firmly in the double digits.

Since this is an open source device, both in hardware, and software, anyone building should set a fair price.

-Thom

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Wifi auto connect is now disabled by default in the code so you will not see the LED until after you connect with the config program on the Atari, which you are having trouble with. Can you check the serial debug output over USB while trying to boot? Maybe there's a clue in that info.

I plugged the usb in to check the serial monitor.....and the Fujinet boots and connects fine. 

So just a voltage issue, will not connect on SIO power(measures 5.00 volts on interconnect board, drops to about 4.96 on boot)

Works fine on USB power, so my unit is back

Thanx all for the help

Testing the New "S.A.M" feature on Fujinet

Works perfect on the Atari 800XL

Does Not work on the Atari 800. Just a slit second pop in the speaker, and one very quick SIO light flash and right back to ready prompt.

I Do not have a PC anywhere near my 800 setup to check the serial monitor

4 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Testing the New "S.A.M" feature on Fujinet

Works perfect on the Atari 800XL

Does Not work on the Atari 800. Just a slit second pop in the speaker, and one very quick SIO light flash and right back to ready prompt.

I Do not have a PC anywhere near my 800 setup to check the serial monitor

the 400/800 OS does not support P: devices other than P1: we are working on a workaround.

-Thom

8 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

the 400/800 OS does not support P: devices other than P1: we are working on a workaround.

-Thom

Would it really take up much RAM for a small V: handler in HATABS?

Edit: For some 14xx compatibility...

Edited by Kyle22

Hi Mozzwald,

Just a couple more questions.  Sorry about being a pain.......

RN1:  What is the value?

SS12D00G5 and SJ1:  I having problems finding what they are.  Do you have a link to the part listing on Mouser or Digikey or .......

Also pin 1 on Jtag, I'm assuming that it powers the ESP32 during programming, but the printed connection is to VCC not to a specific pin on the ESP-32.  ?

Edited by Dropcheck
Added a question