IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

Yeah I’m sorry about that ! Didn’t quite realize it would be that bad. Sadly I can’t edit it anymore. So if someone with powers wants to edit / delete it and we can start over again.

jamm, I’ll add that info tomorrow.

Yep, you gave the N device a number... it's odd how Sparta does and does not use it... CAR1:

still pisses me off when I use the different conventions and it copies something to drive E (D5:)

or some other letter... I want it give me and error... so we stick with some of the older flavors of Disk based Sparta...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Just now, _The Doctor__ said:

Yep, you gave the N device a number... it's odd how Sparta does and does not use it... CAR1:

still pisses me off when I use the different conventions and it copies something to drive E (D5:)

It is SpartaDOS 3.2 I am showing here. SpartaDOS X will need its own kernel driver. ;)

-Thom

10 hours ago, jamm said:

Weird.  The web server is starting up and everything else looks relatively normal.  Can you send a screenshot of the FujiNet's web interface?  Looks like you succeeded in loading it since it served up the index page in "Opening file for parsing: '/www/index.html'"

Here's the web ui

Screenshot_2020-05-19_08-54-09.png

1 hour ago, jokker said:

Here's the web ui

Nothing unusual there. All I can think to do is to add more debugging information to the output so we can get a better idea of what's being sent to the Atari over SIO.  I'm pretty busy at work right now, so it may take me a couple of days to get back to you, though.  I'll check back in soon.

3 hours ago, jamm said:

Nothing unusual there. All I can think to do is to add more debugging information to the output so we can get a better idea of what's being sent to the Atari over SIO.  I'm pretty busy at work right now, so it may take me a couple of days to get back to you, though.  I'll check back in soon.

No worries, thanks for having the glance. It at least tells me I'm on the right track. Heck if I ever want to contribute in any meaningful way it's a good idea I understand how it all works.

• Like 2

Einstein wants to know what a 'stupid pet trick' is. Seems he thinks tricks are entertaining and useful in that it brings joy to folks. I told him that's exactly what copying from one ftp site to another did. It brought joy and entertained me. More pet tricks please. :)

Seriously though, N1-NO (N15) is a good thing. It's got more than one use.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Einstein wants to know what a 'stupid pet trick' is. Seems he thinks tricks are entertaining and useful in that it brings joy to folks. I told him that's exactly what copying from one ftp site to another did. It brought joy and entertained me. More pet tricks please. :)

Seriously though, N1-NO (N15) is a good thing. It's got more than one use.

Someone once asked Albert Einstein what is like to be a genius. Einstein replied 'I don't know. Ask Nikola Tesla.'

Do a DEEP dig on Nikola Tesla. You will discover wonderful things.

Edit: NOT to de-rail topic. Start a new one or PM me if you you want to know about this.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Someone once asked Albert Einstein what is like to be a genius. Einstein replied 'I don't know. Ask Nikola Tesla.'

Do a DEEP dig on Nikola Tesla. You will discover wonderful things.

Edit: NOT to de-rail topic. Start a new one or PM me if you you want to know about this.

Nikola Tesla was on a whole different level.  I sometimes wonder if he was an Alien :D  Read a biography on him once.  Just amazing the things he came up with.

• Like 1

I Have been steadily refining the CHDIR functionality for the N: device, and its "wrapper" NCD.

* NCD to .. causes one of two things to happen:

(1) if the last element in the path is a folder, remove it, thereby going up a directory

(2) if the last element in the path is a file, remove the file, and stay in its directory.

* NCD to / causes the path to revert to the last full URL provided to the OPEN, that is, if you did an initial NCD to:

FTP://FTP.PIGWA.NET/

and you then NCD'd to stuff/collections

your path would be:

FTP://FTP.PIGWA.NET/stuff/collections/

then NCD / will cause it to revert to

FTP://FTP.PIGWA.NET/

There is an interesting side-effect to this, if the last absolute URL provided to NCD has path elements in it, they are retained as the "initial path" so the / will not remove them.

This has produced a usable pair of tools in NCD and NPWD that can comfortably move around networked filesystem directories, regardless of the underlying DOS, which simply does not care.

Of course, since this isn't actually a "Change directory" call, but rather a "set prefix" call, you can chdir to a file directly and reference it as N:, e.g.

NCD files/foo.com

This allows you to use DOSes with broken copy commands (e.g. OS/A+ or DOS XL), or DOSes that explicitly penalize you for thinking that any device other than "D:" can possibly have a file system! (Looking at you, Atari DOS 3)

Since the CIO call for CHDIR is 0x2C (aka XIO 44), this is compatible with SpartaDOS, and thus, you can use CWD under SpartaDOS 3.2, or CD under SpartaDOS X to accomplish exactly the same thing, with the exact same behavior.

and of course, since this is an XIO call, it can be done from BASIC, without needing to load NCD.

I have been spending hours now loading random files into BASIC, Action! MAC/65 etc from the ANTIC! archives, and having way too much fun doing so. ;)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 8

On 5/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, jokker said:

No worries, thanks for having the glance. It at least tells me I'm on the right track. Heck if I ever want to contribute in any meaningful way it's a good idea I understand how it all works.

There's a chance this got fixed in a patch I uploaded recently.  Can you download and build the latest firmware, making sure to "Erase Flash" before updating the device and trying again?

is the space, dash, or N: killing it?

at some point, certain instances of these proggies might need to have things fixed/patched etc... else the device/driver attempting to fix/handle for all cases might get out of size to be useful.

Edited by _The Doctor__

3 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

is the space, dash, or N: killing it?

at some point, these proggies might need to have things patched etc... else the device/driver attempting to fix for all cases might get out of size to be useful.

The good thing is all the fixes are on the ESP, where there is shitloads of ram and flash. :)

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 1:02 AM, jamm said:

There's a chance this got fixed in a patch I uploaded recently.  Can you download and build the latest firmware, making sure to "Erase Flash" before updating the device and trying again?

Gave it a go and no such luck yet...so I guess I'll have to keep digging it to figure out what's going wrong.

I really seems like although the Fuji gets data from the Atari, the Atari isn't getting anything back from the Fuji. Perhaps i've wired something up incorrectly or something else.

2 hours ago, jokker said:

Gave it a go and no such luck yet...so I guess I'll have to keep digging it to figure out what's going wrong.

I really seems like although the Fuji gets data from the Atari, the Atari isn't getting anything back from the Fuji. Perhaps i've wired something up incorrectly or something else.

You're right - that exactly what it looks like.  The obvious thing is to double-check the DATAIN going to the Atari.  That's GPIO17 on the WOOVER ESP32 and GPIO21 on the WOVER.  Have you checked to see if your Atari can talk to other SIO devices?  Do you have anything else plugged in the the daisy chain simultaneously?

21 minutes ago, jamm said:

You're right - that exactly what it looks like.  The obvious thing is to double-check the DATAIN going to the Atari.  That's GPIO17 on the WOOVER ESP32 and GPIO21 on the WOVER.  Have you checked to see if your Atari can talk to other SIO devices?  Do you have anything else plugged in the the daisy chain simultaneously?

Well I think I figured it out...it's my diode choices...I didn't have a schottky so I just used an IN4004 and tried a IN4007...so with that none work but if I pull it out then things are starting to work now.

How important is that diode for DATAIN? is there back-current on that line? Again forgive me for my hardware insolence as like I said I'm "real" rusty on it. I am trying to read up again but it'll take some time. :D

6 minutes ago, jokker said:

Well I think I figured it out...it's my diode choices...I didn't have a schottky so I just used an IN4004 and tried a IN4007...so with that none work but if I pull it out then things are starting to work now.

How important is that diode for DATAIN? is there back-current on that line? Again forgive me for my hardware insolence as like I said I'm "real" rusty on it. I am trying to read up again but it'll take some time. :D

Well, I'm glad you've found where the issue is!  I can't speak much about the hardware, unfortunately.  Maybe @mozzwald can jump in later with an answer to your questions.