IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

as final suite of have your cake and eat its....  FujiDOS or NDOS.... with respective MENU driven interfaces (or CP) might be a thing that way there's no need to load each component piece.... always great when there are multiple ways to get stuff done.

sometimes a site won't let you move stuff from another directly into it, but when you have a machine in the middle it works, so both modes of operation is really cool. As you're doing this, and noting what happens, you're actually doing a better job of things than one could expect in this day of good enough it sort of works moving on mentalities.

Thanks again.

52 minutes ago, MrMartian said:

Look at the RS485 parameters.

I know embarrassingly little about the hardware side of these things... You're saying it's possible to set RS485 parameters that would provide the functionality?  Can you elaborate?

• Like 1

in another thread I was told using fujinet with other devices...fujinet starts delayed to allow other stuff a chance at poll/booting....

when you say Delays, do you mean it turns on D1: at some point for config menu software access even if D1: is already provided by something else?  I should think any configuration data should or could be previously saved and D1: behavior would / should be select-able as ON, OFF, or DELAY as you don't want it interfering with whatever you have in D1: on something else...  maybe pressing a fujinet button to turn the D1: menu back on if you have it turned off...

When cold-started, FujiNet will wait approximately 5 status poll attempts, before engaging as device $31.

This gives enough time for an actual D1: device to take hold and boot if needed.

It's 5 status poll attempts, so that it works both in low speed and with high speed modifications (for various weird arcane reasons).

If FujiNet takes control as D1: then CONFIG is booted, to configure/mount "D:" devices. etc.

Otherwise you need to use the fnc-tools, to do things like mount devices, etc.

-Thom

To demonstrate the usefulness of N:, I decided to record a work session using #FujiNet to edit a set of AtariWriter documents stored on my Windows file server across the network, on my Atari. These documents will be folded in as manual pages for the N: utilities.

• Like 3

Ha, I missed on of my AGILE goodies...

http://www.halfarsedagilemanifesto.org/

those who are having difficulty with AGILE can fall back to our older employee program of special high intensity training to get them up to speed and ready for another try at being AGILE

TO: All Employees
Subject: Special High Intensity Training

In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well-trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else.

If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your manager. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our managers are especially skilled at seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don’t take their S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P S.H.I.T.). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to Employee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don’t have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List. (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. will get the S.H.I.T.jobs, and can apply for promotion to Director Of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.).

If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head Of Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T.S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,
Boss In General, Special High Intensity Training (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, tschak909 said:

#Atari8bit #FujiNet This may look like a small thing, it took an entire day of coding to debug, here is an 8.3 directory view for the N: device, showing a TNFS share. It allows programs like AtariWriter to parse the disk directory.

dir1.thumb.PNG.d075df5659ee785b886c7a70c5007e4d.PNGWIN_20200606_19_44_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.6075ad8ef9ad78b26c08f54e85a8ec19.jpg

It's not a small thing or insignificant by any means... You are actually making this a useful system of tools, drivers, and implementations that support the device fully as it should be. There are plenty of unsupported devices out there in drawer or storage box because there is no real support or usefulness for them across the broader spectrum of Atari users. Each usability issue tackled is a BIG deal. Glad to see attention to detail bringing home what appears to be a winner for the 8 bit line.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Ha, I missed on of my AGILE goodies...

http://www.halfarsedagilemanifesto.org/

those who are having difficulty with AGILE can fall back to our older employee program of special high intensity training to get them up to speed and ready for another try at being AGILE

TO: All Employees
Subject: Special High Intensity Training

In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well-trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else.

If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your manager. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our managers are especially skilled at seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don’t take their S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P S.H.I.T.). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to Employee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don’t have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List. (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. will get the S.H.I.T.jobs, and can apply for promotion to Director Of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.).

If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head Of Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T.S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,
Boss In General, Special High Intensity Training (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)

Good god, I am trying to remember when I first saw this!  It has been a very long time!

This thing is going to be awesome.  I actually want to integrate this into my plans of having an automated setup for Spartados.  Since if we can just have a disk with some scripts on there to download / copy all the stuff for a good setup, either detecting hardware or asking what hardware yku have in the machine, and setting up utilities for it.

Plus with automatic backup capabilities, etc.  Potential for doing all sorts of cool stuff!

• Like 2

#FujiNet #Atari8bit One last video for this weekend, showing where things are with regards to high speed N, that is speeds above standard SIO rate on the N: device. It is possible if you have an appropriate high speed patch, but it still needs work...as you will see...