Jump to content
tschak909

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

I pushed another firmware update with the updated atx support

Damn dudes - you’re on fire. :) Can’t wait to update my unit tonight and give it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATX support is still VERY early, there is no simulation of drive timing, yet, which will absolutely be critical for many copy protections.

-Thom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - only titles with some very simple protection will work right now. Should have something much more substantial by the weekend.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested the new ATX code on a old wroom board.

Jawbreaker and Wayout lock at the mount and boot screen, then the fujinet reboots itself

Kid_grid gives a boot error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am gonna guess it's timing out because it's not receiving the whole image in time, but we may also be running out of RAM. Debug output will be essential.

 

-Thom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I tested the new ATX code on a old wroom board.

Jawbreaker and Wayout lock at the mount and boot screen, then the fujinet reboots itself

Kid_grid gives a boot error

Probably lack of PSRAM on the WROOM. I have not looked at the code, but I suspect it's trying to load the complete ATX image into RAM and it runs out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is where we leave our friend WROOM behind.  It's almost certainly rebooting the device because it's out of memory.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#Atari8bit #FujiNet Shown here is a walk-through of using the FujiNet Command Line Tools, designed to make life easier once you leave CONFIG to manipulate device and host slots, as well as do other network operations.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#Atari8bit here we see the #FujiNet Command tools being used with SpartaDOS X, and they work just fine. Yes, there will be a kernel driver providing even better integration in the future. :)


 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will test as soon as I can see video on my 800 again. It still runs the BBS. I thought it was the CD4050 chip for Luminance, but after taking it all apart and replacing that chip, the problem still exists.

It doesn't show up at all on my S-Vid monitor. It is visible on a composite input to a TV, but it is low contrast and blurry. It looks like a problem w/ the Luma signal. Only problem in 40 years. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tschak909 said:

I _really_ need to get people testing the fnc-tools. :)

 

-Thom

The only DOS I use extensively these days is SpartaDOS X. Are the tools as currently written and compiled working under SDX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

The only DOS I use extensively these days is SpartaDOS X. Are the tools as currently written and compiled working under SDX?

Did you miss this post?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably did see it, and a few hundred other posts since then. I’ve also got a project or two of my own (not public yet) taking up brain cycles so apologies for letting it slip my mind.

 

Tho’ to be honest, my personal workflow rarely involves more than one or two SIO-mounted drives under SDX (most of what I do is via APT hard disk partitions). So command line tools are of generally limited utility for me but I will try to do some testing this week. 

 

That said, without insight into the project, it’s hard to know how much of what Thom shows in his videos or posts is getting built into the periodic firmware updates, and - for command line tools - where and how often to download the latest versions. Presumably from one the FujiNet public servers, but that is non-obvious to a casual user and interested observer without some digging - which is counter-productive if you want wider and more thorough testing. A post with an ATR attached containing the latest versions of the tools or at least a reminder where to find them - in the body of the text, not mentioned in video people may not have time to watch - would be helpful.

 

Just my tuppence. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I probably did see it, and a few hundred other posts since then. I’ve also got a project or two of my own (not public yet) taking up brain cycles so apologies for letting it slip my mind.

 

Tho’ to be honest, my personal workflow rarely involves more than one or two SIO-mounted drives under SDX (most of what I do is via APT hard disk partitions). So command line tools are of generally limited utility for me but I will try to do some testing this week. 

 

That said, without insight into the project, it’s hard to know how much of what Thom shows in his videos or posts is getting built into the periodic firmware updates, and - for command line tools - where and how often to download the latest versions. Presumably from one the FujiNet public servers, but that is non-obvious to a casual user and interested observer without some digging - which is counter-productive if you want wider and more thorough testing. A post with an ATR attached containing the latest versions of the tools or at least a reminder where to find them - in the body of the text, not mentioned in video people may not have time to watch - would be helpful.

 

Just my tuppence. 

Ask and ye shall receive...we got you covered :D The tools are usually built by @tschak909 when there is an update and put into the github repo as fnc-tools.atr. I'm pretty sure he also updates the fnc-tools.atr on atari-apps.irata.online. Whenever I run a firmware build, the latest FNCONFIG and FNCTOOLS are built. The latest fnc-tools.atr is always available on fujinet.online tnfs server or from the web interface for the tnfs dir.

 

fnc-tools.atr

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I probably did see it, and a few hundred other posts since then. I’ve also got a project or two of my own (not public yet) taking up brain cycles so apologies for letting it slip my mind.

 

Tho’ to be honest, my personal workflow rarely involves more than one or two SIO-mounted drives under SDX (most of what I do is via APT hard disk partitions). So command line tools are of generally limited utility for me but I will try to do some testing this week. 

 

That said, without insight into the project, it’s hard to know how much of what Thom shows in his videos or posts is getting built into the periodic firmware updates, and - for command line tools - where and how often to download the latest versions. Presumably from one the FujiNet public servers, but that is non-obvious to a casual user and interested observer without some digging - which is counter-productive if you want wider and more thorough testing. A post with an ATR attached containing the latest versions of the tools or at least a reminder where to find them - in the body of the text, not mentioned in video people may not have time to watch - would be helpful.

 

Just my tuppence. 

The latest version of fnc-tools is over on atari-apps.irata.online. While the video does show how to use them, A quick reference:

F Tools, work on Host Slots and Device Slots
--------------------------------------------
FCD <hs>,<path>							Change path of slot (do not use yet!)
FCONFIG                                 Show FujiNet configuration
FEJECT <ds>	                            Eject disk from device slot
FHOST <hs>,[NEWHOST]                    Clear or set hostname in slot
FINFO <ds>								Show disk info in device slot
FLD										Show what's in device slots
FLH										Show what's in host slots
FLS <hs>,[FILTER]						List directory in host slot, with optional filter
FMALL									Mount all hosts/slots
FMOUNT <ds>,<hs>,<R|W>,<fname>          Mount something from a host slot into a device slot
FNET <ssid>,<password>                  Connect to network with password
FNEW <ds>,<hs>,<t>,<fname>				Create New Disk image, where <T> is:
                                        1--90K, 2--140K, 3--180K, 4--360K, 5--720K, 6--1440K, or..
                                        Number of Sectors:Sector Size, e.g. (65535:256)
FRESET									Cold start both Atari and FujiNet
FSCAN                                   Scan for networks
  
<ds> = Device Slot
<hs> = Host Slot
<R|W> = R for Read, W for write
  
N Tools, do network file transfer tasks
---------------------------------------
NCD <Nx>:<path>                         Change path of an N: device
NCOPY <D|Nx>:<spath>,<D|Nx>:<dpath>     Copy a single source file to destination.
NDEL <Nx>:<path>                        Delete a file from path
NDIR <Nx>:<path with filter>            Show directory of network path
NMKDIR <Nx>:<path>                      Make directory on network path
NPWD <Nx>:                              Show current directory on a given N:
NREN <Nx>:<oldfile>,<newfile>           Rename/move file to new name
NRMDIR <Nx>:<path>                      Remove directory at path (must be empty)
NTRANS <Nx>: <0|1|2>                    Set translation option (0=none, 1=CR<->EOL, 2=LF<->EOL, 3=CR/LF<->EOL)

Nx: can be N1: to N4:, if N: is specified, or no device is specified, N: is assumed, except in NCOPY, where there must always be a device on the source or destination path.
  
R Tools, change WiFi modem bits
-------------------------------
RBAUDLOK <newbaud>                      Lock modem at baud rate
RLISTEN <port>                          Listen for connections on port #

Are there bugs. yup. We'll polish em out.  :)

 

-Thom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

I will test as soon as I can see video on my 800 again. It still runs the BBS. I thought it was the CD4050 chip for Luminance, but after taking it all apart and replacing that chip, the problem still exists.

It doesn't show up at all on my S-Vid monitor. It is visible on a composite input to a TV, but it is low contrast and blurry. It looks like a problem w/ the Luma signal. Only problem in 40 years. :)

 

I had a video (and audio) issue on an 800 that turned out to be the 3086 chip (A104, iirc).  Maybe try swapping out that one?

 

Transistor Q105 is in the Luma path, so another possible candidate?

Edited by StickJock
Add info on Q105
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at ndev.s but the page says it's there as a study vehicle, and that the real ndev handler code is in fnc-tools or something, but I don't see any tools folder and there's no handler in the config tools folder. So where is the current N: handler code ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I was looking at ndev.s but the page says it's there as a study vehicle, and that the real ndev handler code is in fnc-tools or something, but I don't see any tools folder and there's no handler in the config tools folder. So where is the current N: handler code ?

The code is at https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-nhandler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

New firmware update is available with better ATX timing. If you have any files that fail to load please provide debug log so we can try to figure out the issue.

Excellent. :) 
 

My usual test cases seem to work. I’ll try more throughout the week. 
 

 

524F3696-8BDC-4FA9-8004-244657AA35DF.jpeg

B5A40AB0-1584-4CDA-A7C1-72CBECD03F82.jpeg

3257000B-3134-4D62-AA8A-1F832C5DF94E.jpeg

E58506E6-34CB-4A13-BD89-710A02B5F6C7.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...