IGNORED

#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit

tschak909

2 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Typing +++ will hangup the connection so you don't need to wait for it to timeout. 

I was wondering about that! +++ should return you to command mode, ath should hang up

here is the hayes command set and s registers 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set

The most common implementation after hayes I would guess would be US Robotics, everybody had a courier or one of its sequels bitd I've attached the courier manual with all the & and % codes in it.

USRCourier-Manual.pdf

21 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I was wondering about that! +++ should return you to command mode, ath should hang up

here is the hayes command set and s registers 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set

The most common implementation after hayes I would guess would be US Robotics, everybody had a courier or one of its sequels bitd I've attached the courier manual with all the & and % codes in it.

USRCourier-Manual.pdf 639.52 kB · 2 downloads

Other cool features I've seen in the Lantronix and other modem emulators. I don't own the latest Fujinet official device, so I don't know if some of these features are already implemented:

- Use of Phonebook directory: basically a list of fake phone numbers that redirect you to ip addresses: Ex:  dial atdt 1234  , the modem emulator connects to irata.online:8005

- Relaxed use of atdt, atd commands. So you can dial atdt foo.com  or ATDT foo.com or atdtfoo.com or atd foo.com or atdt foo.com,23  or atdt foo.com:23

- AT? or other option to get a quick help, or reference of AT commands.

- Some other at command to enable/disable the telnet protocol (IAC) (Maybe later do something automatic like Lantronix does).

Edited by manterola

The MODEM was something we found off the shelf and adapted for the Atari, integrating it into the SIO code, and making a special case to shunt main loop processing to it when concurrent mode was enabled, disabling it when the COMMAND line is asserted, while also adding the commands to set baud rate/translation/etc.

It could really stand to use a rewrite, if anyone wants to take that on. :)

-Thom

I was able to test the latest firmware, and while, if a host was not found ("ERROR MOUNTING HOST SLOT"), the whole system does not reset, the FujiNet still resets (Shows the "connected to network xxx" screen) and the Host entry that was attempted is removed. I think removing the entry is a bit drastic, as was pointed out, the server may just not be up or responding at that time - deleting the entry is like a "tough cookies" response.

This can be tested by putting in a bad server address and trying to connect.

Edited by tsom

7 minutes ago, tsom said:

I was able to test the latest firmware, and while, if a host was not found ("ERROR MOUNTING HOST SLOT"), the whole system does not reset, the FujiNet still resets (Shows the "connected to network xxx" screen) and the Host entry that was attempted is removed. I think removing the entry is a bit drastic, as was pointed out, the server may just not be up or responding at that time - deleting the entry is like a "tough cookies" response.

This can be tested by putting in a bad server address and trying to connect.

When I first saw this issue last week and was bugging Thom about it (turns out I was running an older version of TNFS which wasn't compatible) I noticed that while the host entries disappeared - if I power cycled the Atari - the entries would come back.

Jim

This is a very strange and reproducible issue. I have no code in CONFIG which explicitly wipes the host slot entry, which is _VERY_ strange.

-Thom

the relevant code for the host slots screen is here:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-config/blob/master/src/diskulator_hosts.c

Edited by tschak909

11 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Typing +++ will hangup the connection so you don't need to wait for it to timeout. 

Do you have a list of AT commands you want added?  Can you open an issue here with that list? It should be fairly easy to add some of them, only need to edit 2 files probably (modem.cpp & modem.h).

Have you tried the +++ during ATDT connection? It doesn't work for me and I always have to wait for timeout.

Some people have already responded with some good stuff about AT commands, but I'll also gather those with my list and open an issue like you suggested, or add to one if someone's beat me to it.

11 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Do you have a list of AT commands you want added?  Can you open an issue here with that list? It should be fairly easy to add some of them, only need to edit 2 files probably (modem.cpp & modem.h).

Hayes Chronograph would be nice.

1 hour ago, tsom said:

Is the fix posted up to GitHub? Curious as to what the issue was (been checking out the source code - who know, may be able to help out someday :) ) Thanks!

Always. The firmware is built directly from the master branch. The problem was that on the second attempt to connect after failure it was calling set_type(HOSTTYPE_TNFS) which wipes the hostname. Now it only calls that on the first attempt.

17 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Always. The firmware is built directly from the master branch. The problem was that on the second attempt to connect after failure it was calling set_type(HOSTTYPE_TNFS) which wipes the hostname. Now it only calls that on the first attempt.

Ah, ok. I was looking at the wrong repo (FujiNet-config).

#Atari8bit #FujiNet I have added a new command ($DF) to the FUJI ($70) device which causes the #FUJINET to emit a clock signal on CLOCKIN pin for synchronous transmission. The AUX bytes specify the frequency in kHz, and will be used by @mr-atari to implement a UHSIO with a theoretical max rate of 440kbps. A tool in fnc-tools called FESCLK can set this. -Thom

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/SIO-Command-$DF-Set-External-SIO-Clock

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Kyle22 said:

Let's see how fast PoKey can go.

:)

We already pretty much understand the theoretical max. If you remove ALL of the caps on the SIO lines, you can run at the max speed of 440 kilobits/sec. This is limited by the fact that POKEY needs at least four clock cycles to successfully sample the incoming bit.

If you don't, you'll be able to hit about 220 kb/s..

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 3