IGNORED

CV Modded Jaguar Controllers?

Donny Swanny

I recognize I’m late to all of this, but is there anywhere/way to get a modded Jaguar controller for Colecovision?  I recently got ahold of the SGM and a dozen or so games, love them!  ...but, the standard and SAC don’t quite cut it with those games and I feel like the Jaguar controller is where Coleco would’ve went to.

I’ve  found a handful of pics online, but no solid contact.  The below image is perfect, if it’s real.

Thanks!

DB0D704A-59E1-4ED1-A7E5-8DEEC454F4D8.jpeg

That's mine...both in the fact that I made it, and I still own it.  I also made standard Jaguar Controller versions too:

jagcvky5.jpg

The Jaguar ProController is loads better vs. the standard Jaguar controller, both in the D-pad, plus the extra buttons obviously.  At least 1 or 2 other people use to offer either/both of these, but to my knowledge, I was the only one to remove the unnecessary/unused buttons, and color-code dye the buttons.  That being said, I have no interest making any more of these and Jaguar ProControllers sell for a pretty penny these days.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doubledown said:

That's mine...both in the fact that I made it, and I still own it.  I also made standard Jaguar Controller versions too:

jagcvky5.jpg

The Jaguar ProController is loads better vs. the standard Jaguar controller, both in the D-pad, plus the extra buttons obviously.  At least 1 or 2 other people use to offer either/both of these, but to my knowledge, I was the only one to remove the unnecessary/unused buttons, and color-code dye the buttons.  That being said, I have no interest making any more of these and Jaguar ProControllers sell for a pretty penny these days.  

Atari Age store sells repros for $50. I have one made by Atariguy1021. But the way he made it is no mean feat. It has a custom made pcb inside. The left and right buttons were reversed so I had to flip them by cutting a couple traces and soldering in a couple jumper wires. Works great now, but Atariguy1021 is long gone. 

Best electronics sells a Jaguar to Atari 2600 adapter cable that will let you use it on the Colecovision, but only with one button and no keypad keys. :( Might as well use a Sega Genesis controller in that case.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, NIAD said:

Opcode's controller will be coming soon, although no release date announced yet. Probably will be the best option if what you want is a gamepad, full keypad and four firebuttons.

Just hope he makes a mirror version so that character is controlled with thumbstick on the right, or atleast a switch.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, NIAD said:

Opcode's controller will be coming soon, although no release date announced yet. Probably will be the best option if what you want is a gamepad, full keypad and four firebuttons.

Thanks for sharing Jim. I just started a campaign to raise money to pay for a designer that will create the final 3D files. Assuming all goes well, we should have that before the end of the year. That means we could have a final prototype soon after that. Then we need to do some beta testing, gather feedback. And hopefully manufacture this thing around mid 2020. This is high priority to me, and in fact I just made a deal with CollectorVision where they agreed to not release a similar controller while I will be supporting Phoenix with games and hopefully everybody will be happy.  

2 minutes ago, opcode said:

Thanks for sharing Jim. I just started a campaign to raise money to pay for a designer that will create the final 3D files. Assuming all goes well, we should have that before the end of the year. That means we could have a final prototype soon after that. Then we need to do some beta testing, gather feedback. And hopefully manufacture this thing around mid 2020. This is high priority to me, and in fact I just made a deal with CollectorVision where they agreed to not release a similar controller while I will be supporting Phoenix with games and hopefully everybody will be happy.  

Are you planning on a right joystick option?

• Like 1