Jump to content
TIX

Moon Patrol redux 5200 edition

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

thanks to @playsoft  the best 8bit version of Moon Patrol is here :P !

 

Done:

  • new mountains backdrop
  • new moon city backdrop
  • new starting base
  • new title screen
  • arcade classic font
  • selectable control schemes
  • PAL fixed
  • redrawn single wide alien sprites (more frames plus slowed down animation)!
  • redrawn double wide buggy (and title screen buggy) !
  • redrawn explosions !!
  • new tanks, rocket car, mines, lives left, moon plant, rocks, progress bar, rolling boulders
  • new colors
  • bug fixes
  • and I'm sure I forget something..

 

image.png.42025849bd65f28a7d1a81c2dc7a0054.png

 

this version is in sync with revision 4 of the 8-bit,  enjoy !!!

Moon Patrol redux.bin

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Shared this with our podcast listeners and will give this a try on my 5200 :) using my modded Jag 5200 controller :)

Edited by David Alexander
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 8:17 AM, TIX said:

Hey guys,

thanks to @playsoft  the best 8bit version of Moon Patrol is here :P !

 

Done:

  • new mountains backdrop
  • new moon city backdrop
  • new starting base
  • new title screen
  • arcade classic font
  • selectable control schemes
  • PAL fixed
  • redrawn single wide alien sprites (more frames plus slowed down animation)!
  • redrawn double wide buggy (and title screen buggy) !
  • redrawn explosions !!
  • new tanks, rocket car, mines, lives left, moon plant, rocks, progress bar, rolling boulders
  • new colors
  • bug fixes
  • and I'm sure I forget something..

 

image.png.42025849bd65f28a7d1a81c2dc7a0054.png

 

this version is in sync with revision 4 of the 8-bit,  enjoy !!!

Moon Patrol redux.bin 32 kB · 51 downloads

 

 

Wow! This version is awesome. Excellent work! I can’t stop playing it now.

 

B53E13CE-1A20-4C4B-AB9B-8A9DC5AB8416.jpeg
 

DF26BACC-6971-4B96-883D-07B2CD9E88FE.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 10:10 PM, David Alexander said:

Thanks @playsoft and @TIX, I think this is gotta be put on a cart :)

It is a hack of an old commercial game though, so I'm not sure it is something that should really be sold. However you can get bespoke carts made though the AA store and by other AA users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 3:41 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Wow! This version is awesome. Excellent work! I can’t stop playing it now.

 

B53E13CE-1A20-4C4B-AB9B-8A9DC5AB8416.jpeg
 

DF26BACC-6971-4B96-883D-07B2CD9E88FE.jpeg

Thanks for posting the pictures.

 

I was a bit concerned after seeing the Super Community video which had overscan and a black colour change in the display area on the right:

 

super.jpg.29f0af0d8cc90f3112a1dc1044f299c0.jpg

 

The amount of overscan will vary depending on the TV/monitor - yours looks about perfect!

 

My LCD monitor is not bad, a tiny amount on the left:

 

lcd.thumb.JPG.c97250426ebc6009feca88eddc824724.JPG

 

My CRT monitor and LDC TV both show a bit more overscan on the left:

 

crt.thumb.JPG.566989377ae15b6162364582154421fa.JPG

 

tv.thumb.JPG.0948fc78f71519bc9e3a2d8912040bbc.JPG

 

I do not see the black colour change at all.

 

In Altirra, if I configure for extended or full overscan, then I can see the overscan on the right as expected. However I still don't see the black colour change.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, playsoft said:

Thanks for posting the pictures.

 

I was a bit concerned after seeing the Super Community video which had overscan and a black colour change in the display area on the right:

Yeah...I didn’t notice any overscan on my CRT. I’ll have to try it on my LCD to see how it looks.  
 

Thanks again. This is the Moon Patrol we’ve all been waiting for.👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, playsoft said:

It is a hack of an old commercial game though, so I'm not sure it is something that should really be sold. However you can get bespoke carts made though the AA store and by other AA users.

Thanks as that's what I plan to do. :) Thanks for making such a great version.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it should be called Moon Patrol Arcade, like Tep392's Pac-Man Arcade:)

 

Is there a Redux edition label?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, David Alexander said:

Thanks, Shared this with our podcast listeners and will give this a try on my 5200 :) using my modded Jag 5200 controller :)

 

Modded Jag 5200 controller what???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...