IGNORED

Atari Pong Knock Out

Shaggy the Atarian

On 11/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, racerx said:

The Pong table is fun to watch for a couple of minutes, and then you realize it just doesn't control very well.

Cool novelty, but kind of falls flat as a game. I'd imagine this will be the same.

That's why I didn't get one for my arcade, but apparently they are still making a lot of money in the right location. I guess it's "hip" since most of the players don't care that it's off a bit from the video version

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m surprised this was at this year’s CES, I played this pong game two years ago at the hawksbury pinball show.  It’s pretty awesome, they had excellent music blaring to show up the quality audio.  

Never mind, I commented on the first part of the video which is the old game then saw the knock out variant!  Nice.

Edited by Loafer

• 3 weeks later...

I played this at Dave and Buster's tonight. Even though I was really excited to try it out and we had 4 people, it was awful. The control is terrible and it felt nothing like Pong. I can't imagine this having any lasting appeal and I'm glad that I didn't purchase the 2 player home version that I nearly purchased before Christmas.

Has anyone else actually played and enjoyed this version of the game?

• Like 1