IGNORED

Half-Life: Alyx Announced!!

Albert

VR sets can be found cheap. I acquired about 3 month ago an Oculus Rift with the special VR joysticks and 3 dectector (the "full set" for fully immersive VR gaming) for 200€ (used, of course). And damn if the thing looked barely used! Which I can understand, most current VR games are... meeh.

Now if your computer isn't up to the task... It's another problem, though I play VR on my gig which I assembled 6 years ago for 750€ (with a more recent video card I added last year for 150€).

I'm certainly looking forward for that game.

I have really enjoyed the games I have for my PlayStation VR...but honestly I almost never use it. It's always a bit of a pain to get setup, you have to sit just right, those motion controllers are never charged and then you are in a bubble where you can't hear anything around you as you play the games. It's cool tech and I've had a lot of fun with VR...but it needs another generation to get more convenient. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Metal Jesus said:

I have really enjoyed the games I have for my PlayStation VR...but honestly I almost never use it. It's always a bit of a pain to get setup, you have to sit just right, those motion controllers are never charged and then you are in a bubble where you can't hear anything around you as you play the games. It's cool tech and I've had a lot of fun with VR...but it needs another generation to get more convenient. 

Yeah, I have all those problems with it too.  I really want to play all the PSVR games that I own, but it's an effort to get everything turned on and powered up.

2 hours ago, Inky said:

I'm not going to be buying a VR set for this.

The first two Half-Life games gave me motion sickness, but I persevered.  I can only imagine what this game will do.

I hope it does well cause I want Half-Life 3... but they better not make that one VR required (if it ever happens).

• Like 1

I been playing Half-Life since 98 and still have my CD-Rom game for it and I have HF2, HF2 ep1 and ep2. And I even have Black Mesa. And a new one is coming for VR? Welp look like Ill never going to play it even if I couod get a VR head set wish I may have eye trouble for it its I dont have a beefy PC to play them. Oh well Ill just wait and hope they will make HF3..... Sad for me:P

BTW yes I have a Steam account and it show what type of gaming I do. https://steamcommunity.com/id/atariboy

Edited by Atariboy2600

I've been wanting to get into VR and upgrade my computer, and this looks like the perfect excuse. I'm glad it's an actual proper game length wise, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been too interested.  I'll probably upgrade my graphics card first. I have a GTX 670, which worked great for all the games I had except for Doom, but might go for a GTX 1660 TI  or used 1070 and add two 8 GB sticks of RAM. 

• 4 weeks later...