IGNORED

FS - now with robots and Star Wars stuff.

Jinroh

Some new items, trying to down scale my collection since I can't manage as much anymore. Make offer if you don't like the price, worst I can say is now, but sure we can meet somewhere in the middle.

Anki Cozmo special edition Titanium. Includes his charging dock, and blocks. 

100 + shipping. IMG_20220827_210721.thumb.jpg.e2254c240ee261798d52591f0d59e80e.jpg

Star Wars D-0 App Controlled Interactive Droid includes his ball and his dock. - $70+ shipping. 

IMG_20220721_175634.thumb.jpg.0d9cf79c75c0f124fbb3a6d6df35e423.jpg

Poe Dameron electronic Cosplay Helmet - $100+shipping. 

IMG_20220629_154744.thumb.jpg.7100e2ca7461e91f6eaad64f7edc956d.jpg

Dropcheck's Ralf David Atari 8-bit programmer fully populated with PIAs and 3D printed enclosure. $50 + shipping. 

IMG_20220606_123320.thumb.jpg.d896a398c4fa6c0d6259bf0d5aca6093.jpg

IMG_20220606_123329.thumb.jpg.2517c81a782ede1a10b9158a9ebadbf9.jpg

Turok 1&2 Collectors editions for the Switch. $105 each or $200, shipping fee separate. Good discount from eBay IIRC. 

Brand new, mint, just been looking pretty since I got them. :D

Cyclonus is my favorite Transformer, and ended up with 2 of these. Still brand new and sealed. 

$35+shipping.

IMG_20220603_191358.thumb.jpg.99a8c48191c000f53081ebc2aa73b5fb.jpg

Alien Swarm set Walmart exclusive. Brand new! $15 + shipping. 

IMG_20220603_191511.thumb.jpg.5010180b58a7c4452b2a78307e90f16a.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Edited by Jinroh
Added the correct image of the D-0 with his aerials.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That Jordana of yours, I guess it can natively run dos/windows 9x type stuff?  That looks like a fun little handheld device for some nice 90s PC games up to a non-3D point of things.

Excellent questions!

These both are Windows CE machines and run StrongARM processors. The Jornada is clocked at 200mhz. The NEC is slightly faster, but both are very capable and fun to play with.

https://www.hpcfactor.com has a huge list of software that is compatible and the download links.

I was a Win32 coder for many years and porting from Windows 32 to Windows CE is nearly 1:1 if use use Visual C++ Embedded 5.0. So if you are a coder, it is good fun that way too.

You can also load JLIME Linux on the Jornada and run other things that way.

I have run Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, DOOM, on these. I have some videos of them in action I will upload later. At work I have a weak signal.

The Jornada also can connect to your PC with the dock. It has a 56k modem, internal storage, the whole 9 yards.

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

Makes sense, no I can't code, that's beyond a lost cause.  I just was mostly curious what's native or something someone made native I could dig for you know?  The NEC would be more interesting, but you said the keyboard was hosed up.

To be straight with you the Jordana seems interesting, been wanting a laptop that has a screen that doesn't blur that can run DOS era video games, prefer it to have USB capability for a controller of some sort though.  I've been eyeing Toshiba Satellites in the 486 to P100 range for this for a time but never got the timing/luck right looking.  So I'm not so certain it would be a perfect fit due to my DOS interests.  DOS Box is nice in a pinch, but would love to have something a bit more appropriate.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Makes sense, no I can't code, that's beyond a lost cause.  I just was mostly curious what's native or something someone made native I could dig for you know?  The NEC would be more interesting, but you said the keyboard was hosed up.

To be straight with you the Jordana seems interesting, been wanting a laptop that has a screen that doesn't blur that can run DOS era video games, prefer it to have USB capability for a controller of some sort though.  I've been eyeing Toshiba Satellites in the 486 to P100 range for this for a time but never got the timing/luck right looking.  So I'm not so certain it would be a perfect fit due to my DOS interests.  DOS Box is nice in a pinch, but would love to have something a bit more appropriate.

No worries everyone has their strengths. :)

The Jornada and MobilePro have a program called PocketDOS, it is a DOS virtual machine that emulates x86 PCs up to 80286. Basically with PocketDOS you install a DOS OS as a VM into your Handheld PC. And it functions precisely as a DOS system. So that is an option.

http://www.mediator-software.com/pocketdos/specifications.htm

The Jornada and MobilePro blow away the recommended specs.

A Handheld PC or Pocket PC with:

• The Microsoft Windows CE 2.11 (or later) or Windows Mobile Operating System.
  • An ARM-compatible (eg. StrongARM, XScale) CPU.
  • A 16bit colour display.
  • At least 4Mb free program memory.
  • At least 4Mb free storage.

The performance difference between the Jornada and MobilePro are not very much, though I do like the form factor of the MobilePro a bit better as the keys are a bit larger. The Jornada is nice though as well as it is a bit more portable. 

Specs MobilePro:

CPU: 400 MHz Intel XScale PXA255

Memory: 64MB RAM SDRAM / 64MB Flash ROM (32MB for user applications and data)

Specs Jornada:

CPU: 206 MHz StrongArm

Memory: 32MB RAM RAM 

I have another MobilePro 900 that is nearly brand new mint in box, but not sure if I want to part with it.

Edited by Jinroh

Well that's a shame there stopping at 286, but I saw that site you link mention third party plugins for 386/486 level stuff too, yet their own page says the system is too slow for it which is confusing.  I imagine given it hasn't been updated in 11 years, odds are finding those would be a trick.  That would be the way to go though if the performance is enough to pull off random stuff like say Wing Commander 1/2, Star control, old Sim City, Wolf3D, Dune 2, etc.  Clearly Quake, DN3D and Doom have their own builds as you linked.  Seems like a handy device, and if those keys weren't shot that 900 would probably be ideal with the specs you listed.  I had been casually watching for a Toshiba Satellite Pro CDT style laptop from around the P100 era, but it never plays out.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well that's a shame there stopping at 286, but I saw that site you link mention third party plugins for 386/486 level stuff too, yet their own page says the system is too slow for it which is confusing.  I imagine given it hasn't been updated in 11 years, odds are finding those would be a trick.  That would be the way to go though if the performance is enough to pull off random stuff like say Wing Commander 1/2, Star control, old Sim City, Wolf3D, Dune 2, etc.  Clearly Quake, DN3D and Doom have their own builds as you linked.  Seems like a handy device, and if those keys weren't shot that 900 would probably be ideal with the specs you listed.  I had been casually watching for a Toshiba Satellite Pro CDT style laptop from around the P100 era, but it never plays out.

Yes I hope you can find a suitable laptop that you can like. :)

You are sending me a down a rabbit hole though. I am curious now about the performance and suitability of the PocketDOS. I have not tried it yet and I am furloughed next week for COVID-19. I think I will give it a go with a few games.

I found the 486 Plugin. It is called BOCH 486.

I will upload some pics and such of the actual 486DX-II I have for sale as well later this weekend.

Edited by Jinroh

Might as well give it a shot.  The pocketdos guys even if they made it knew only so much and that data/comment was over a decade out of date so maybe that BOCH 486 mode plugin will run things accurately and speedily enough to be pleasurable handling some greats.

If that were the case I'd love to know, even if you kept the non-beater, maybe I'd consider ebaying one for myself if I didn't go the toshiba route even if that is preferable just because that would have a solitary USB jack one could throw a gravis pad at.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, Tanooki said:

Might as well give it a shot.  The pocketdos guys even if they made it knew only so much and that data/comment was over a decade out of date so maybe that BOCH 486 mode plugin will run things accurately and speedily enough to be pleasurable handling some greats.

If that were the case I'd love to know, even if you kept the non-beater, maybe I'd consider ebaying one for myself if I didn't go the toshiba route even if that is preferable just because that would have a solitary USB jack one could throw a gravis pad at.

I have not forgotten about this, one of my of my classes ends this week so, getting all of that finished, but will load it on there and try it out. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trade pending on the PII system.

Also will consider trades on either the NEC MobilePro 900 or the PII system (in case this trade falls through). 

Looking for the following +/- cash for trade:

8-bit Line:

1200XL

XEGS

16-bit Line:

1040STf

Mega STE

Amiga A500

Interesting ST stuff

Retro Backup Hardware (for Genesis, SNES, N64, etc.)

When I sell here I just try and break even, because you guys are awesome.

It has been a while since I built this so my bad for asking $100 too much. Memory gets hazy when you get older. XD 

The Voodoo 2 card alone is like $100-$150 so you are ahead there already. :3

And still open to trades!

Edited by Jinroh

5 minutes ago, Jinroh said:

Glad you like it! It runs just as good as it looks. ❤️

Well I have a VGA cable, PS/2 keyboard, and mouse I could throw in for a few dollars little extra. Or if you have anything on my trade list, we could always trade. :3

I'm sorry, but as much as I want it I just don't have the money, time, space, or need for this thing. I hope it goes in the hands of someone who could really appreciate the neat build you've made :)

19 minutes ago, bluejay said:

I'm sorry, but as much as I want it I just don't have the money, time, space, or need for this thing. I hope it goes in the hands of someone who could really appreciate the neat build you've made :)

Ah no worries. :D I am glad you like it though. 

I put a lot of working into making it look killer! 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...