IGNORED

Encore only games

metzger130

It is true that there are not that many games yet that require the Encore.

However, we are working on a new BIOS and will be adding a few features that take advantage of the extra hardware and thus will only work on an Encore. I don't want to say too much just yet as these are in an early stage of development, but once we have something for you all to try out, I will be posting here.

• Like 6

On 11/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, batari said:

It is true that there are not that many games yet that require the Encore.

However, we are working on a new BIOS and will be adding a few features that take advantage of the extra hardware and thus will only work on an Encore. I don't want to say too much just yet as these are in an early stage of development, but once we have something for you all to try out, I will be posting here.

Happy to hear there is a BIOS update in the works!

• 4 weeks later...

That's an old link and it shouldn't be linked to anything, and has been orphaned for over a year. A search engine could still be remembering the link, though that link is from over a year ago.

This is the link that shows the lower pricing:

https://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Order.html

I'll get that changed shortly, and redirect the old link to the new.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, AtariLeaf said:

Just an fyi I just ordered and paid for a microsd encore cart with color manual. 

I'm saving up for one right now (getting close in the Paypal account) and look forward to getting one of these!

Let me know what you think of it when it arrives... or have you received it yet?  Not sure on the turnaround timing from order to receiving.  Also, I'm not sure if you'll receive a bare board or if the encores come inside a cart?

9 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

I'm saving up for one right now (getting close in the Paypal account) and look forward to getting one of these!

Let me know what you think of it when it arrives... or have you received it yet?  Not sure on the turnaround timing from order to receiving.  Also, I'm not sure if you'll receive a bare board or if the encores come inside a cart?

Got it about a week and a half ago. It was fully assembled with a nice color label and manual. I bought a 16g micro sd card at Wal-Mart (smallest they had but still massive overkill) I spent some time sorting and loading the games I wanted on it and it works great. No issues so far. Really love it and am glad I finally got one. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtariLeaf said:

Got it about a week and a half ago. It was fully assembled with a nice color label and manual. I bought a 16g micro sd card at Wal-Mart (smallest they had but still massive overkill) I spent some time sorting and loading the games I wanted on it and it works great. No issues so far. Really love it and am glad I finally got one. ?

That's awesome to read!  I have enough SD cards kicking around that I won't require one and I look forward to loading the card and going to town on the library!  I need a few more Paypal dollars and I'll be placing my order.  (I'm trying to make my purchase via sales on the marketplace and sticking with this plan... it's my New Year's Resolution I suppose?  lol)  

I'm glad to know that the encore comes in a shell with a nice label as well.  I like it when an item arrives ready to plug and play.  :)  Man... it's getting close and I'm getting excited... Batari you will have an order coming your way... soonish!

• Like 1