IGNORED

XE Case Label/Badge

777ismyname

I received a 130XE as an early birthday present from my daughter. I’ve cleaned it thoroughly and have a new keyboard Mylar coming from The Brewing Academy. There are nearly no signs of yellowing and it looks almost new...except for the ATARI 130XE badge label, which has peeled a good bit. Does anyone print replacements for sale? It needn’t be an exact duplicate of the original, so long as the label dimensions are close enough.

Just now, flashjazzcat said:

I assume rounded memory capacity (1024K extended RAM), and Floppy disk/Modulator in the manner of the ST series.

Hmm, I reckon that could be it :) 

I do not recall now, but in your video with the 130XE and Zaxon floppy drive, did you do the install of the floppy? I’d dig having a 3-1/2” floppy internally mounted in one of my Ataris.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:26 AM, Fred_M said:

I wonder if they can make a label for the 1088XLD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

I wonder if they can make a label for the 1088XLD

I don't know the seller personally, but when you look at the all the different badges he offers for a lot of different systems, I think you should ask him ?

By the way, the store lists an address from The Netherlands, but the seller is from Poland. My badge was sent from Poland.

Edited by Fred_M

6 hours ago, 777ismyname said:

Hmm, I reckon that could be it :) 

Now I think further on it, I wonder if 'M' stands for 'MIDI', since the machine in question no longer has a TV Modulator (but has a MIDI board).

I do not recall now, but in your video with the 130XE and Zaxon floppy drive, did you do the install of the floppy? I’d dig having a 3-1/2” floppy internally mounted in one of my Ataris.

That was Lastic's machine; it was sent here initially so that I could correct a few problems, although I ended up doing quite a lot of work on it (installing the MIDI board and making some adjustments to Sophia and fitting new power cables for the FDC board). Definitely an interesting build. Normally I am not one for such invasive modifications, but having an internal 3.5" XF551 compatible floppy drive was kind of cool.

• Like 1

I sent him an email a few minutes ago, asking about custom labels. I’d reckon they do, given the variety. My daughter is ordering a 130XE and a Commodore 128 label. 

Interestingly I sent a message via the website and it came back as undeliverable 

42 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Interestingly I sent a message via the website and it came back as undeliverable 

I haven’t received anything yet, but being the weekend I figured it’d be Monday. In any case, if I get a response I will post it here. It appears this may be a good source for refurbishing our old machines.

Yep 1030XEfm is a hybrid between an 130XE with an 1040STfm.

As stated by Jon , my machine has a internal 3,5" drive , U1MB memory expansion, SIO2MIDI (where the TV modulator used to be) so the choice of the label

was also hybrid. Since space was an issue and the machine already having an Sophia DVI installed, Jon did a miracle job of removing the modulator and putting the SIO2MIDI PCB in that exact spot.

So the m now stands for MIDI :) ( thread here https://atariage.com/forums/topic/291928-crazy-idea-or-not/page/6/#comments )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastic said:

Yep 1030XEfm is a hybrid between an 130XE with an 1040STfm.

As stated by Jon , my machine has a internal 3,5" drive , U1MB memory expansion, SIO2MIDI (where the TV modulator used to be) so the choice of the label

was also hybrid. Since space was an issue and the machine already having an Sophia DVI installed, Jon did a miracle job of removing the modulator and putting the SIO2MIDI PCB in that exact spot.

So the m now stands for MIDI :) ( thread here https://atariage.com/forums/topic/291928-crazy-idea-or-not/page/6/#comments )

Oh, I saw your machine in FJC’s video. Good stuff! One of my machines definitely is going to get one of those internal floppies one day.