IGNORED

Bosconian ultimate for Atari 5200

shanti77

8 hours ago, shanti77 said:

This is conversion Bosconian  for atari 5200 with latest patches. It use 4 of 32K banks of memory. In this version, to get the right speed,
sfx is played from the table instead of the RMT.  THX playsoft for help. 

bosconian.bin 512 kB · 12 downloads bosconiaAtarimax.bin 128 kB · 14 downloads

Are into converting titles to the 5200?

8 hours ago, shanti77 said:

This is conversion Bosconian  for atari 5200 with latest patches. It use 4 of 32K banks of memory. In this version, to get the right speed,

bosconian.bin 512 kB · 12 downloads bosconiaAtarimax.bin 128 kB · 14 downloads

I see the bins are both 512kB and 128kB.

Is it technically possible to put these on 5200 cartridges?

10 hours ago, Giles N said:

I see the bins are both 512kB and 128kB.

Is it technically possible to put these on 5200 cartridges?

Yes. By using bank-switching. These will not work with emulators though. You have to either build a special cartridge or us the Atarimax SD cart.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shanti77 said:

bosconian.bin 512 kB · 23 downloads bosconiaAtarimax.bin 128 kB · 28 downloads

Have you ported this from another Atari, or made a version yourself by programming etc?

Would be nice to see Cart-versions available.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have 4 x original 5200 controllers and the game works correctly with them all.

Mark, I remember writing a controller test program, searched for it and found it here in post #19. You were also having the same problem with that game!

I don't know if you ever ran the test program, but could you please try it and see what values you get (I've attached it again).

Run the program and hold the joystick right, the first hexadecimal value is the horizontal POT and should give a value like E4. The game needs to see a value of A4 or greater in order to move right.

cal.bin

• Thanks 1

Mark, that explains why it's not going right (98 < A4). From the Caverns of Mars 3 topic, Ken used the same thresholds in Beef Drop so you shouldn't be able to go right in that either.

Ideally you should get 00 for left/up, 72 for centre and E4 for right/down. Not many old controllers will be perfect, but your values are a fair bit out. I think you might need to adjust the POT inside your 5200 console to calibrate the controllers - have you ever done that before?

22 minutes ago, playsoft said:

Mark, that explains why it's not going right (98 < A4). From the Caverns of Mars 3 topic, Ken used the same thresholds in Beef Drop so you shouldn't be able to go right in that either.

Ideally you should get 00 for left/up, 72 for centre and E4 for right/down. Not many old controllers will be perfect, but your values are a fair bit out. I think you might need to adjust the POT inside your 5200 console to calibrate the controllers - have you ever done that before?

Paul-no, I have never tried adjusting the POT